39

Iblis Park. Northeast of Gehanna. 7:00 P.M.

''This is complete bullshit.'' Junko was taking cover from enemy fire behind a car next to Akari. ''We can't run away because they would go to the academy and we can't fight back... And why are you smiling?!''

''Haruna's plans are always so funny.''

''What's your definition of fun?''

Akari pointed her grenade spear at the sky. Her horns and eyes lit up. The projectile soared through the sky.

''Watch out!'' Koharu shouted.

The pink-haired fan of adult reading... The first year one... She pushed Hifumi as far as she could. The grenade hitting the ground shattered the place both girls were thrown away. Hanako left the attack to go attend to them.

''You put down that hamburger and move your fat ass!''

With the burger in her mouth, Izumi let loose a volley of bullets. The counterattack was on. Azusa hid behind a tree. Hanako pulled Koharu by the legs to take shelter with her behind a rock.

''I'll go get the pink hair.''

Junko and Akari came out from behind the car to find Izumi was mesmerized shooting at a large Peroro doll and Azusa's hair and halo glowed an intense white.

''Diablos.''

''Vanitas vanitatum.''

The bullet left Azusa's rifle with a thunderous sound. A beam of light shot through the car before it exploded. Akari and Junko went flying. Izumi regained her consciousness.

''I've had enough of them!''

The angry member of the Gourmet Research Society club stood up with her halo on and firing her Dinner's Outlaw. Azusa advanced fearlessly returning fire. The two engaged in an exchange of bullets. They left the park to enter the streets of a housing development.

''Ah... they left.''

Akari stood up and walked towards Hifumi scratching her head with a smile. Peroro's fan was still chest down.

''I hope you don't take it personally. We're just helping a very dear friend.'' Akari's stomach rumbled. "Looks like it's about time for dinner. It's better to finish soon.''

The Gourmet Research Society club's blonde aimed at Hifumi's head.

''It won't hurt. Just a little when you wake up.''

She took a couple of shots. Akari fell down sitting up. She hadn't expected that.

''I'm sorry. My aim isn't very good,'' Said Hanako to Koharu.

A strange grenade hit Hifumi. The president of the Make-Up Work club regained her strength.

''No problem now the numbers are in our favor.''

Junko followed Azusa. She must stop her, she had to stop her. Azusa went into a residence. The red-haired girl entered without thinking. One step further and she would have ended up seeing stars. The bullet passed in front of Junko's face. The club member belonging to Gehenna spun to kick Azusa. The white-haired girl fell to the ground. She immediately fired at Junko. She backed away covering her head. Azusa stood up to ram her. They both went out of the residence through a window. The girls dropped their rifles with the fall. The red-haired girl groaned from the fall she took. Azusa was trying to stand up. Her hair was tousled and her brow was furrowed. Her eyes were glazed over.

''Why... Why do you have to... Why do you have to intervene?'' Tears fell to the floor.

''She may... be exasperating... And maybe because of her... Sensei will no longer be the same with me... Or with any of us... But... Rarely you find someone with whom you share so much in common... Someone who understands you so well and you have so much fun... Someone you truly admire... If I have to choose, I'd rather help her achieve her own happiness... I owe it to her'' Junko stood up with her rifle in hand.

The ice queen rose silently. She picked up her rifle. Her uniform was dirty and disheveled as was that of her opponent.

''Both are special to you... But it's clear who you care more about...'' Azusa whispered.

Trinity's student pointed at Junko and Junko pointed at Trinity's student.

''For his sake... And even more so for theirs... I have to get there....''

Thehalos of both students glowed.