27

After a fruitless afternoon and evening of discussion with Makoto, Nagisa was waiting for Rio at the entrance of the Trinity General School campus. After a quick greeting, the two made their way to the Remedial Knights facility. One of the patients had asked to see them. Because of who that patient was, they couldn't refuse. Sitting on a gurney sipping black coffee, Kanna was receiving Hanae's attentions. The cheerful member of the Remedial Knights was talking to her about basic relaxation treatments for patients. Pale, Kanna could not understand how a chainsaw could help someone feel better or relaxed. In the next bed was Kirino sleeping soundly and next to that bed was Fubuki's bed who pretended to be sleeping.

''Hanae, can you put the chainsaw down?... Said Nagisa a little embarrassed.

''Oh, President! I was just about to start the post-traumatic treatments.''

''I see... Well... Can you see the other two Valkyrie girls?''

''Okay!" Hanae replied pulling the starter rope.

''But put down the chainsaw!''

''I'm so glad you came..." Kanna was still pale and with her heart playing a drum solo in her chest.

''Ah... We couldn't afford not to know what happened with Sensei....'' Rio said trying to forget what happened with the strange nurse.

''I understand...'' Kanna cleared her voice, "I've seen the news. This is getting really bad.''

''What about Sensei? Is he here?''

''I'm sorry to say no. Let me tell you what's going on.''

The Valkyrie Safety Bureau captain proceeded to tell them in detail what had happened from the time she arrived at the station until the patrol car crash.

Nagisa massaged her brow.

''After all, it seems that if there is someone conspiring against the Kivotos students and Makoto is only making it all worse with her attitude.

''The good thing is that we know where Sensei is....''

''The bad thing is that we don't know if he's the real one...''

''Kirino mentioned that it wouldn't make sense to attack him if he wasn't the real one...''

''Those who were in the black car could have done it to get it back or to make us believe it was the real one...''

''Conjectures without a real foundation. What we know is that they tried to keep it out of the public eye until they had the perfect opportunity to take him or get rid of him. In either case whether or not the one in Gehenna is the real Sensei, it means bad news for everyone. If it is the real one, it would mean an imbalance of power and order in Kivotos... If he was an impostor...''

''Whoknows what evils the future holds for us?''