45

The Foreclosure Task Force chairwoman walked toward Mika.

''I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner,'' Hoshino said to the Tea Party member.

The Trinity student looked confused.

''Did you plan to meet here?''

''No, no, not at all. This place is the target of all of us infiltrators.''

''All the infiltrators?!''

''Oh? You didn't know? Hehe, sorry. I guess they all have their hands too full to report it.''

''Why did it take you so long to get here? I infiltrated from farther away in a very complicated area and arrived first.''

''Hehe, I got lost,'' said Hoshino scratching her head.

Both Hina and Mika looked disappointed.

''B-but the important thing is that I'm here. Go and look for Sensei.''

''I'm sorry, but you know I won't allow that.''

''Oh! So you're in favor of the relationship between Sensei and Haruna after all,'' Hoshino's words had a mocking tone.

''Of course not!'' Hina turned tomato red. ''But Sensei has the right to choose who to be with.''

''Do you really think Sensei has a favorite?''

''We're not talking about a favorite, but someone special to him.''

''I think now I have more reasons for that to be stopped hehe,'' said Hoshino laughing and preparing his shotgun, ''Although the real priority is to prevent all this mess ends in a big tragedy,'' She said without knowing what had happened on the bridge. The lazy pink-haired girl took a step forward. ''Run.'' Mika didn't hesitate to obey.

The president of the FTF (Forclosure Task Force) launched herself at Hina. The Gehenna student didn't hesitate to point the Lanchester at Hoshino's face and pull the trigger. After a couple of zigzag movements and a twist, Eye of Horus was in Hina's face. The little pink-haired girl fired. Hina tilted her head to the side. The detonation ruffled her white hair and left a sharp whistle in her ear.

Being so close, she told herself she wouldn't miss

Being so close, she told herself she wouldn't miss. Hina pulled the trigger; the lanchester was out of bullets. The Prefect Team leader distanced herself from Hoshino by pushing her away with a kick. In the recoil, a couple of cartridges were discharged against her. The bullets missed their target. The feared student of Gehenna spread her long wings to protect herself. In a moment, with the moon at her back, Hoshino rose into the air. She had used the wings as a platform to jump. Hina's reflexes had nothing to envy Hoshino's. She dodged in time and not only that, she dared to charge at her opponent using the Lanchester as a bat. One, two, three blows were evaded by the Abydos student. A fourth blow also missed. It went over the scalp of the pink-haired girl who ducked. Hina's entire boot was planted against the FTF leader's face. Both students were propelled in opposite directions. Hoshino rolled backwards and Hina flew. Using her wings to enhance the displacement, Hina cut the distance between her and Mika. The Lanchester was pulled halfway so she could fire the MG42 more accurately. In an instant Mika was on The End's target. The Gehenna girl's hostile intentions ran the distance between them and up Misono's back like a lurid shiver. Before the volley of bullets could reach her, she stopped.

''Catch it!'' Takanashi shouted at the Tea Party chairwoman.

The Lanchester found its way into the hands of its owner. The leader of the disciplinary committee rushed at the Trinity girl. With a roar from the machine gun, the shots were headed for Mika. She maneuvered her whole body to evade the attack. However, her next move was already in sight of her opponent. The bullets hit Iron Horus. Hoshino appeared in front of Mika as a knight with shield and spear. Mika smiled. She was gifted with enough time to reload her trusty weapon. Both girls with the same hair color parted. One took the right and the other the left. Both aimed at Hina and in synchrony pulled the trigger again and again. Hina danced back and forth trying to avoid the combined attack of Mika and Hoshino, however, there was almost no blind spot in the attack of those two. Where one missed, the other hit. Hina's wings failed to protect her as they should, so she spread them fully and spun. A current of air destabilized and forced her attackers to close their eyes. When they opened them, their opponent had disappeared. A shadow covered them. A dark figure blocked the night light. The moon appeared to turn lilac. The halo, the eyes and the gun pointed at them began to burn a dark purple color. The pink-haired girls ran toward each other. The night was illuminated. Following a bestial roar, the darkness retreated before hundreds of metallic fragments wrapped in purple flames that resembled meteors impacted over a wide area. Large white spheres that devoured and destroyed everything around them appeared where the bullets collided. Out of the smoke and the huge flashes a figure rose into the sky like a hawk coming out of the storm. As it rose, it took on a bright pink color. The hail of bullets from The End stopped as Hina saw that Takanashi Hoshino was suspended in mid-air, face to face, before her with her bruised and uniform body nearly shattered several meters above the ground. As if time stood still, Hina had time to take in her surroundings. On the ground, she saw Mika running out of the smoke with the Iron Horus ahead of her. She was heading towards the closed Gehenna institue.

Before the bullets fell on them, Mika propelled herself with all her might towards Hoshino who caught her by the hand and, using the momentum and centrifugal force, the energy was transmitted to the FTF leader who was thrown skyward by Mika.

Hina was in the crosshairs of the Eye of Horus. Hoshino began to slightly descend millimeters after reaching the highest point. Sorasaki Hina's eyes closed before her opponent pulled the trigger. Multiple bullets hit the small Prefect Team member. Both began to fall. Hoshino wrapped her arms around Hina as they rushed towards the ground. They disappeared as they plunged into the smoke that covered the field.

Mika continued forward without looking back as she dropped Iron Horus. Her Quis ut Deus? was left behind. She burst into the closed building. She went through every floor, every nook and cranny. Wondering where he would be. From one of the upper floors she could see that behind the building, not far away, there was a garden of tall bushes in which there were some lights on. She hurried down the stairs and out of there to find herself in a dichotomy. Despite the proximity, that garden felt far away. As she arrived she realized that the place was a small labyrinth. With her heart in her hand, her legs trembling, her eyes wet, her body fatigued and unable to utter a word, she walked through the maze from one side to the other. She wished not to arrive, to get lost in that place. She was getting closer and closer to the center. She wondered what she would find when she got there. She doubted she wanted to know. In fact, she wanted to slow down her steps, but her body would not slow down. Sooner or later it would happen. She found herself on a path that led her to a wall composed of three bushes that overtopped her in height and barred her way leaving her only two options, turn back or continue through the exit to the right. She took the exit, crossed it with her eyes closed and there she found Sensei... And Haruna who was leaning towards him joining her lips with his in a kiss.