Chapter 1

Yuu stirred from a heavy slumber as she opened her eyes, which felt heavy with makeup.

"Ugh... Did I forget to take my makeup off?" She groaned, still half-asleep. It was still dark out, at least, that's what it appeared to be. She attempted to sit back up when her forehead came into contact with a thick wooden wall. She hissed in pained annoyance, rubbing at the sore spot on her forehead.

"What the hell?! Where am I?" She grumbled as she pressed against the wall. It was heavy. "Great. First, I found out that I'm pregnant, and now I'm stuck in the devil knows where."

She began to debate kicking the wall in front of her when a nasal whisper and scuffling sounds directly on the other side of the wall.

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." The voice was male and somewhat cocky.

She cringes as she hears grunting and the scraping of wood against wood, shuddering.

"Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton!" The voice snarls in annoyance before the person talking huffs.

"Try this on for size!"

On the bright side, Yuu was now able to see. The downside? She was in a wooden container that was currently on fire. The pregnant girl yelped in surprise, punching what she'd hoped was the lid.

It thankfully fell off its hinges, clattering to the floor, and the person who had set her on fire had the absolute audacity to give a celebratory cry. She looked around, eyes burning with rage, unable to find the cause of her annoyance. She'd question the floating coffins later, she had to find the idiot that set her on fire.

"What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" Came the voice, surprise heavy in its tone and she looked down, genuinely confused.

"What the- A talking...weasel?" She tilted her head, confused. "That's impossible."

"How... How DARE YOU! I am no WEASEL! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire!" The creature, now identified as Grim gave an indignant huff, bristling at her.

"Okay, now you're just being ridiculous. Sorcerers are myths." She crossed her arms, looking down at him.

Grim grumbled a bit before simply turning up his nose at her. "Tch. Whatever." He looked up at her, doing his best to meet her eyes. "You...human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!"

"What? No! There are MY clothes! You have fur, you're fine!" She argued, tugging the cloth tighter around her.

"You better give me your uniform! 'Cause if you don't...you're gonna regret it!" The creature gave a low, menacing growl.

"Getting roasted alive by a weasel? What will I dream of next?" She quipped, giving the weasel a teasing smirk. Clearly, a very stupid move on her part, as it led to her having to dodge several sloppily aimed fireballs.

"Oh FUUUUUUUUU-" She yelped, sprinting out the doorway of the room. She made a mad dash, barely rounding the corner enough to avoid the next fireball.

"Oh, damn!" She cried as she rushed through several rooms before she made it to a room filled with books, some even floating off of the bookshelves. "Woah... pretty-" She shook her head, snapping out of it. "FOCUS! I gotta hide!" She huffed, making her way over to a random pile of books.

"If this is a dream, I better wake up soon." She inhaled dramatically. "Whoo! Man, am I outta shape." She puffed out a few breaths before she heard the door to the library slam open.

"Foolish human! Did you really think you could slip away from ME?" The cat-weasel cackled, prowling up to her hiding spot.

"Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that-" Yuu flinched when she heard the doors slam open once more and the crack of a whip pierce the air.