Book 3, Chapter 4

It took Yuu a while to manage to catch up to Jack, huffing as she ran to keep up before he finally slowed his pace.

"No, no..." Yuu wheezed a bit. "Leave the pregnant woman behind, I don't mind." She straightened her back, going to catch her breath as she finally noticed where the sea of anemone boys had crowded.

"It's the Hall of Mirrors...." Jack muttered, slightly tense. Yuu noticed Jack's ear flick as he listened to some of the whining from the boys;

"I was so sure I'd make the top fifty!" One cried.

"Blast it all, I've been had! That cheating cephalo-punk!" The other snarled.

"My school life is doomed now. Doomed!" A third lamented.

"It's not just the three stooges..." Jack murmured, getting himself elbowed in the side by Yuu. "Sorry. Ace, Deuce, and Grim." Yuu nodded at him.

"There are other students here with sea anemones sprouting from their heads." She pointed out.

"I'm seeing some sophomores and juniors here, too. And they're all going through the mirror leading to Octavinelle Dorm." Jack mentioned.

Yuu hummed in response, staring at the horde of boys as they squeezed through the narrow mirror. "Someone mentioned the term 'cheating cephalo-punk.' Who could that be?"

The younger wolf boy gave a shrug, uncertain. "Don't know... Let's head over and see what's up?"

Yuu nodded, grabbing onto Jack. "Okay, but you're gonna have to carry me cause I'm short as hell and I'd rather not lose track of another of my friends."

.

.

.

Upon entering the mirror, Yuu and Jack had almost instantly been bubbled and sent after the boys. Yuu stared in wonder and shock as she looked around.

"There's no damn way this entire place is under water..."

Jack, surprisingly excited, gave a child-like smile. "For real?! Night Raven College is so cool!" His tail wagged ever so slightly, making Yuu chuckle. He really was a kid.

The wolf beastman seemed to notice Yuu's amused expression almost instantly as he gave an awkward cough, his ears flattening just a bit. "Just remember we're treading on another dorm's turf. Keep your wits about you."

Yuu nodded, smiling at the tall, but young boy. "Sure thing, Jack."

.

.

.

Yuu looked around within the classy interior that almost reminded her of one of those classy clubs that she'd often seen on TV. The only difference, of course, was that this was a high school. Well, that and the sea of teenage boys with anemones on their heads.

"Found the sea of anemones, I guess." She muttered.

Jack whistled, slightly impressed. "There's gotta be a hundred-no, closer to two hundred people here." He looked at the design. "What is this place, anyway? Some kinda coffee shop?"

Yuu noticed the giant name at the front, dangling over a darkened stage and showed it to Jack.

He squinted as he looked at the words. "'Mostro Lounge'? Where did Ace and the others go?"

Yuu squinted, craning her neck over the crowd as if to search for her friends, at least in an attempt to catch the familiar blue glow of Grim's ears.

Instead, a voice rose above the whine and complaints of the anemone boys. "Well, well. What have we here?"