Chapter 2

Yuu swayed on her feet, feeling dizzy as she clung to the wall that kept her from falling. On the other side of the door were loud chatters of what appeared to be an all male population.

The voices were a good way to keep herself distracted. Easy girl. Deep breaths.

"Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony..." She heard an alluring voice echo from the other side. She heard there was a more quiet response, however was entirely unable to make out what was said.

She heard a much funnier response, a loud and innocent voice resounded. "Maybe he had a tummy ache?"

She heard a faint bird sound as Crowley slammed open the door. "I most certainly did not!" He announced defensively. She cringed, noting the countless eyes on them.

"Ah, speak of the devil." A crimson haired boy mumbled.

"If you must know, I was searching for the new student who'd failed to show up for orientation!" He stated, ignoring how Yuu attempted to cower back. Crowley turned to face the pregnant woman and gestured for her to make her way to an ominous mirror that reflected nothing but darkness.

"You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel." He gave her a quick smile pushing her forward, ignoring the annoyed growl that came from her.

She shook, disoriented and afraid as she stumbled to stand before the mirror.

"State your name." A deep voice echoed in the room as a face materialized within the mirror. It took Yuu every fiber of her being to not take a step back.

"I am Yuri." She responded, her voice sounding foreign to her.

"Yuu..." The dark eyes of the man in the mirror bore into her being as if looking for something. "The nature of your soul is...." He narrowed his eyes, confused. "Unclear to me..."

There was a dramatic gasp from the students as the room erupted into whispers. The headmage stepped forward in surprise. "What did you just say?"

"It is strange..." The man in the mirror spoke again. "I sense no magical power from this one. Soundless. Colorless. Shapeless. Utterly vacant. Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate. However... there is something unique about this one."

"Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot even use magic? But that is absurd!" The Headmage claimed, looking at the mirror. "The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! How could this have happened?"

Yuu heard the struggling once more from Grim as he practically pried his lips open, gasping. The cat huffed for a moment, readjusting the feel of his jaw before he called out, "ME! Let me have his seat!"

Crowley merely grimaced, already distressed from the news of a magicless student in his presence, simply sneered at the little monster in annoyance. "Not so fast, you hyperactive weasel!" He attempted to readjust his grip on Grim's body, only for Grim to wriggle his way out of the Headmage's arms and land gracefully onto the floor.

"Unlike that human, I can actually use magic! So let me be a student here!" He demanded before he paused for a moment to think. His sapphire eyes widened as his little mind formulated a fool-proof plan. "Look, I'll show you! My spells're the cat's meow!"

A boy called out from the crowd, a clear warning for those nearby. "Everyone! Get down!" Yuu turned away, shielding her belly despite being only in her second month. She felt the suffocating heat wave erupt from behind her and noticed a faint, blue light that reflected on the window.

"Dammit, cat!" She hissed in annoyance, turning to see the chaos. Right next to her was a flailing young man with wimborne white hair and the most beautiful crimson eyes.

"AAAAHHHHH!!! Help! I'm on fire over here!" He yelped. Yuu looked lower only to notice exactly how comedic the situation truly was. Similarly to an old cartoon, the boy's butt was indeed on fire. Despite being nineteen, Yuu couldn't help but find this funny.

The young woman had missed what Crowly had shouted, instead opting to go help the poor boy put out the fire.

"Hey, didn't anyone ever tell you about 'Stop, Drop, and Roll?'" She asked teasingly. She saw the boy pause for a moment, confused.

"No? Is that a dance move?" He questioned, still fanning at the flames.

Yuu covered her giggle with a cough as she continued to instruct the boy. "Just get on the ground and try rolling around. It'll probably work a bit better than fanning the fire." She watched the boy do as instructed until the flames went out.

"There we go!" She smiled at him. "It's usually best to smother fire. Fanning them can make them bigger." She informed, helping him up.

"Thanks! You're really smart!" The boy spoke cheerfully. His smile was contagious, reminding her of one of her closest friends.

"Ah, I'm not that smart. I pretty much learned from first hand experience." She said dismissively. I may as well introduce myself.

"My name is Yu-" She began before she heard a booming voice call out a familiar phrase.