Book 1, Chapter 22

Yuu watched, horrified at the events that had unfolded so suddenly.

"Off With Your Heads!" Riddle's voice had clearly resounded in the ring, bouncing off the hedges.

The duel had ended before she could even blink, watching helplessly as the collar once again enclosed around the necks of her friends.

"Not again. I didn't even have time to finish my spell!" Ace wailed, shakily standing up as his hand tugged at the heavy collar.

"He shut us down like it was nothing..." Deuce lamented, eyes wide with shock as he stared at the victorious housewarden.

"That was... so fast." Yuu muttered, peering at her friends from behind the Headmage.

"Visualization is key to spell casting." Crowley hummed in acknowledgment. "The better you are at accurately visualizing your magic's effects, the stronger and more precise it will be... It would appear Mr. Rosehearts has finely honed his magic."

"They didn't stand a chance..." Grim meowed with disappointment, watching at the Red-haired dorm leader.

"You didn't even last five seconds." Riddle huffed, turning his nose up at the boys that sat before him. "That was all you had, and still you thought to challenge me? You must be utterly humiliated." Riddle taunted, turning his back on the two boys, making Yuu's blood boil at his cruel wording.

"I guess my mother was right. A man who cannot follow rules is a man who cannot achieve anything." Riddle began to walk away, his heels clicking intimidatingly in the silence of the aftermath.

"We agree that rules should be followed. But forcing others to follow nonsensical rules like the ones you've enacted is tyranny!" Deuce called after him, the sting of defeat present as Yuu pushed gently past the Headmage to go help her friends up.

The housewarden turned back, scowling in disgust as if he were looking at the remains of an animal flattened against the road.

"Then you agree that breaking rules is wrong. And in this dorm, I AM the rules." He turned fully, eyes trained on Deuce. "Therefore, those who cannot abide by my decisions deserve not the heads they use to complain!"

Yuu reached Deuce, attempting to help him up as she glared at the younger red-head.

"Listen here, red. You can't just use rules to do whatever you please!" She scolded, hands dusting off Deuce as she helped him stand.

"If there were no penalties, no one would follow the rules." Riddle explained, words dripping with malice as he directed them at both Deuce and Yuu.

"I have to wonder what sort of pitiful education left you unable to comprehend such a simple concept. Clearly, you were born to parents with no great magical capability. And as a result... You lack even the basic education necessary to attend a school such as this. It's quite sad." He said, both Yuu and Deuce freezing in shock that quickly morphed into rage.

"You little..." Deuce began, shaking as he dug his nails into the palms of his hand, bleeding slightly as he forced himself to avoid fighting.

You growled, pure, hot anger boring themselves into Riddle's eyes.

"You're such a-" She began, preparing to tear into him like a ravenous pack animal. She was stopped, however, when Ace roared in outrage at the smaller boy.

"You shut your spoiled little mouth!"

Yuu didn't have enough time to react as she saw a ginger blur rush forward from behind her, leaving Yuu speechless as his fist connected with his face, toppling the tiny gold crown atop his head.