Book 1, Chapter 27

The group sat on the floor, recovering from the overblot, Yuu sitting in between Ace and Deuce with Grim on her lap. She sighed, heart beating out of her chest as the boys, with the exception of Riddle, all stared expectantly.

"... So you guys still remember the whole... thing?" She asked, hopelessly suggesting that they forget. When they gave a nod of confirmation, Yuu groaned loudly.

"Dammit, Crowley!" Her small outburst caught the attention of Riddle, who shakily sat up, his energy depleting rapidly after such a taxing ordeal.

She inhaled, irritated and anxious as she spoke again. "Alright... I guess I literally have to do this now... but if I find out that anything I say here has been leaked in any way, I will not apologize for the person I will become." She warned, eyes falling to Ace and Deuce specifically, seeing as they were the most reckless.

Ace and Deuce nodded, eyes wide. "Yes!"

Yuu relaxed her shoulder a bit, eyes sweeping over the others. "I... As Crowley so randomly revealed, I am indeed a girl and, additionally, also expecting a baby." She announced, trying not to meet the other's eyes.

"W-what?!" Riddle yelped, face contorting into horrified realization before paling as he tried to shoot up from his position.

"Don't do that!" Yuu scolded, face red with embarrassment. "Please don't pass out."

She sighed. "Look... I wanted to reveal it when I was ready, but given what happened, someone." Yuu shot a look at Crowley, who flinched from his place on the other side of the garden. "Apparently struggles with volume control."

The boys all looked curious, yet hesitant to speak. Yuu took this as the moment to allow questions.

"You get one question per person. Go."

Ace was the first to speak, blunt in tone and borderline rude.

"So... You're a chick?"

Yuu looked at him, a look of insult in her eyes. "Yes. But if you ever call me a chick again I will make you sing soprano for a week. Don't test me, Trappola." Yuu half-warned, making Ace flinch, his red eyes shooting down slightly.

Next was Cater, who managed to keep himself from laughing at his underclassman's reaction. Cater's question was the standard, "When'd you find out?" Which Yuu was happy to respond to.

"Literally, about an hour before the carriage showed up and kidnapped me." She gave an awkward smile. Cater gave her a sympathetic look.

It was Deuce who spoke up next, albeit, a bright red, stuttering mess, but respectful nonetheless. "I- um... H-how far along are... are you?"

Yuu's gaze softened slightly, chuckling at the precious reaction. "About two months. Thankfully, you guys did not have to witness my... less than graceful moments. Seriously, you guys sleep like bears in hibernation." She joked, Ace's jaw dropping at the playful insult.

"No u." He said with a sniff, making the others laugh. Yuu threw a nearby stick at the ginger, who ducked.

Trey sat quietly for a while as he thought. He looked up after deciding his question. "What about your husband?"

Yuu froze instantly, tensing up. "... What about him?" Grim seemed to sense her distress as he pressed against her, grabbing her hand and placing it atop his head. The green-haired boy noticed and tried to backtrack, suddenly looking guilty for his question.

"I- You don't have to answer if you don't want to!"

"No... You're fine, I-" Yuu bit down on her tongue, taking a deep breath, forcing herself to speak. "It's just... still a bit of a sore subject. I lost him last month? Maybe? We were gonna be married in the spring..." She clutched her own wrist, focusing on the feeling of her nails digging in.