Book 2, Chapter 22

Upon arrival, Grim wrestled his way out of the bag, scrambling about the stalls.

"Get a load of all the food stands!" He chirped. "They got churros and funnel cakes and... Ooh, is that jerky?" He looked at the stands, Yuu looking at the churros hungrilly before she forced herself to focus.

"No! I already ate so I could avoid this. No! Bad cravings! Bad!" She scolded herself, distracting herself immediately with Ace and Deuce, who looked a bit crest-fallen, having immediately run toward the board. They huffed.

"Man, I can't believe I didn't make the team after all that." Ace muttered.

"Me neither..." Deuce muttered.

Yuu pat their backs. "Don't worry about it, there's always next year."

Deuce nodded thankfully. "Well, we have an important job to do anyway. We should focus on that."

"Yeah, good point. Focused. That's us."

From a nearby stall, Grim had come across an interesting stall. "Whoa, what's a corn dog?! I wanna try one! Come to papa, whatever you are!"

Yuu sighed as Ace spoke up. "Eat later! We need to go!"

Yuu nodded, opening the bag for Grim to scramble back inside. "Come on! Let's go meet up with the others."

.

.

.

Yuu listened intently as Riddle concluded the plan, the Savanaclaw students nodding in understanding. Lilia, who stood among the boys raised his pen over the Caters changing them to match the visage of a couple of the dorm's boys.

"Are we sure that this is gonna work?" Yuu looked worriedly at the group of Caters, Jack quickly responding. The Caters shot a wink at Yuu, offering a reassuring smile before they escaped to join the players in the stadium, standing in for Diasomnia.

"Yeah. I overheard Ruggie's plan. It's gonna happen soon, so be prepared for a stampede."

Yuu furrowed her brow nervously tugging at her sleeves before yelping loudly as she felt a pair of hands scoop beneath her arms, placing her atop the roof of a food truck.

"Kehehe." The giggle resounded as Lilia floated before her, his red eyes glinting sweetly. "Worry not, my dear! We'll be certain to keep you away from any dangers."

Yuu simply nodded, her face bright red from the embarrassing squeaky cry that had ripped itself from her throat. "Ah- okay. Thank you, Lilia" She cleared her throat, sitting herself down as the PA system crackled to life and Crowley cleared his throat.

"Welcome, one and all, to the Night Raven College interdorm Spelldrive tournament!" Yuu listened to the bird man speak, hearing the smile in his voice as he barely contained his own excitement. "Thank you for your patience. The players will be entering the stadium momentarily!"

The audience cheered, turning to make their ways toward the stadium as the Headmage put on his best announcer's voice, hyping up the crowd as he did so.

"First up will be last year's champion. But can lightning really strike thrice? Give it up for the Reigning Light... DIIIIIAAAAASOOOOOMNIIIIIAAAAA!"

Yuu's eyes flitted over the crowd from her position atop the truck before she noticed a familiar hyena boy in the crowd, snickering as he lifted a bottle to his lips, chugging the concoction. Yuu turned to the group, her voice urgent as she spoke.

"Brace yourselves!"

Ruggie launched himself forward, bumping into the crowd, the people yelping in surprise as they began to run, stampeding through the grounds almost as if they were a terrified herd of wildebeests and Yuu saw a proud smirk on Rugie's face.

As the Hyena boy sprinted past, Yuu heard a sickening teasing escape Ruggie's throat:

"Let's see what you do now! Surely you wouldn't use magic against civilians? You're the Prince of the Fae, Malleus. Even if you wanted to, you wouldn't dare! So get squashed instead!" Ruggie cackled as he sped up entering the stadium with the guests and the audience crying out.

Through the PA system, Crowley could be heard panicking as he cried out to the Caters masquerading as Diasomnia players.

"The rush of stampeding spectators is headed right for the Diasomnia players...! Everyone, run away! Please, run awaaaaay!"

The Cater playing as the silver haired boy was jostled, making Yuu stare at the horrific scene. "If they keep coming, we're gonna get crushed! Everyone, protect Malleus!" He commanded the other Diasomnia Caters forming a defensive circle around the other "Malleus" Cater that Yuu could not see.

"This way, Housewarden! Malleuuus! N-no! We're too late!" The tall green haired boy that Cater was also playing cried as he was ripped away from the circle. "Oof! We're getting crushed!"

The silver haired Cater wailed as he too was ripped away and dragged into the crowd, "MALLEUS, NOOOOO!"

Yuu had to turn away from the horrific scene as she had to convince herself that the real Cater was fine. She forced several deep breaths before turning to the boys below her with a stern expression.

"Guys, let's go. Part one has been completed..." She sighed. "I just hope Cater is okay..."