Chapter 12

Yuu arrived in time to see Ace running away from an increasingly pissed off cat. It would have been comical, had she not experienced first hand exactly how destructive the two were when fighting.

"No way are you gettin' out of this! You think I WANNA wash windows?" Grim spat, his dark gray fur bristling.

Ace rushed past her before promptly shoving some poor student to the side. "Outta my way!" He yelled, attempting to make a beeline for the mirrors.

"Hey! What gives?!" Cried the dark haired boy from the floor. Yuu quickly made her way to him, offering her hand to help him up.

"I'm so so sorry about those two..." She stated, tears of frustration suddenly threatening to pool in her eyes. Dammit. "I don't mean to be a bother, but... Please help us stop him!" She pleaded.

The boy seemed surprised at what she was asking of him, but did not question it much.

"You want me to cast a spell to stop him?" He asked, pausing to think. "Like, freeze his legs? Or bind them with a rope?" He suggested. "...Maybe I could... Hmm... No..." He muttered.

"I don't care how! Just do something! Anything!" Grim hissed urgently.

The boy, thankfully sensing the urgency, cried out. "Anything?! Anything, huh..." His blue eyes widened in realization before he nodded with newfound resolve.

"All right! Here goes anything!" He lifted a pen topped with a shining red stone. It sparkled beautifully in the lights of the hall of mirrors. "I summon thee... something heavy!" He called out, casting at a space directly above Ace.

As quickly as the boy had called it, a large, obsidian pot materialized out of thin air and was sent crashing down on the running body of Ace. The loud CLANG! It made as it landed was enough to snap her out of her daze, enough to hear the pained groans from the victim, and Grim's hysterical cackling.

"Look, Yuu, look! That Ace guy got crushed beneath a giant cauldron! It squashed him flat!" He pointed out, a mocking tone directed at the flattened ginger. "That's what you get!"

Yuu blinked once, then twice, completely silent.

"A cauldron?! I wasn't expecting that. I may have overdone it this time..." She heard the helper boy from beside her murmur.

"Yeah, just a bit." Her voice was squeaky from the shock. She looked over to Ace, who let out another groan of pain before squirming beneath the cauldron.

"What are you bothering me for? You guys coulda just banged out the work yourself!" He groaned, struggling.

The Lion, the witch, and the audacity of this bish- She snapped herself out of the shock, storming up to Ace's form.

"What the hell?! There's no 'banging out' a hundred windows!" She growled, eyes narrowed.

"You have to wash a hundred windows as punishment? What the heck did you do?!" Helper boy yelped from behind her.

"I was just screwing with that furball a little." Ace stated, dragging himself out from beneath the cauldron. "... and the statue of the Queen of Hearts got a teeny bit charred. Sue me."

"You did what?! You damaged a statue of the Great Seven?! No wonder he flew off the handle at you!" The dark haired boy remarked.

"You know damn well that it wasn't just 'a little'.'" She glared. "You also launched me across the damned courtyard!"

Her statement made the student's eyes widen. "Dude, what the heck?! After you managed to get into THIS school, how could you get in trouble on the very first day?!" He yelped, sending Ace a semi-accusatory look.