Book 2, Chapter 30

Things had been going well, with Yuu taking care not to make physical contact with the other boys, jobbing around and occasionally throwing the spell-drive disk between the legs of the Savanaclaw boys, (a very dangerous thing for Leona, which Yuu used as warning shots that almost cost him his ability to have children in the future) under the guise of passing it to the others.

Yuu was pretty much enjoying herself and the look of absolute terror in Leona's eyes when the disk would land in her hands. Yuu was minding her own business when she heard someone call her name, so she did the stupid thing which was turn around.

"Yuu! Move!"

"Wha-? Oh SHI–"

Last thing Yuu witnessed before the world went dark was the disk flying directly at her from where Grim was controlling it as well as the loud THUNK that came with it colliding with her forehead.

Darn it, Grim...

.

.

.

Yuu groaned, sitting up in a bed, surrounded by several plushies, a couple vases of flowers and her first year friends beside her. Grim stood atop her chest, sniffing at her face before he finally noticed her groggy expression and called the others.

"Hey, Yuu's awake!"

Yuu gave a slow blink, rubbing her aching forehead. "Where am I?"

"At the start of the second half, Grim threw the disc right at your noggin and knocked you out." Yuu turned to look at Ace, who was carrying an ice cream bar. "You don't remember?" He asked, handing it to her.

Yuu turned to Grim, raising a brow, which made the cat monster pout as he turned away awkwardly.

"I was tryin' to steal our victory with a shot from way downfield..."

"You amateurs gotta work on your disc control." Yuu watched the wolf-man walk over to the bed, giving Yuu another ice pack, which she greatly accepted.

"I'm just glad you're awake." Deuce sighed in relief. "You were out so long that I was starting to worry the hit had caused some real damage." He offered Yuu a small box of chocolate cookies, which Yuu smiled awkwardly at, muttering her thanks.

Yuu's eyes quickly widened as she looked at her abdomen, slightly panicked. "Is my-?"

"Yeah, that baby's surprisingly strong to the point where even the nurse was shocked. Dude, you were out so long you even missed the closing ceremonies! They're taking everything apart right now." Ace informed Yuu, who looked at Ace in surprise.

"Wait really?! Which dorm won?"

The familiar grumble of a certain Lion beastman sounded from the bed beside hers and the set up curtain was pulled back.

"The grand champion was Diasomnia House. In the end, there was nothing we could do..." Yuu looked at Leona as he watched her with an unknown expression.

In the bed beside Leona was a very battered up Ruggie, who winced as he sat up. "It certainly didn't help that we took a beating from every other dorm on the way to the finals. What a miserable tournament this year was."

Jack, who had been standing beside Yuu in a very awkward manner

"Housewarden! Ruggie!" He stared in surprise, clearly not having noticed the two.

Leona waved his hand dismissively.

"Tch... Bein' stuck in an infirmary bed for anything other than a midday nap is about as lame as it gets." The Lion looked rather pathetic as he sat in the bed in a clear amount of pain.