Book 2, Chapter 24

Yuu struggled, terrified as she was lifted forcefully off the ground, blinded by the flying sand, she kept her eyes open enough to notice the look of horror on the faces of the boys.

"Ah, if it isn't the herbivore." The low growl echoed as the hand around her arm tightened, Leona's claws coming dangerously close to her skin. Yuu didn't respond, instead looked to Leona's other hand, where Ruggie struggled, pulling against Leona's grip.

Ruggie hissed in pain, coughing dryly as he got a mouthful of sang as the air from his lungs was practically forced out.

"What?! My nose is dryin' out... M-my eyes hurt!" Grim whimpered as his eyes landed on Yuu hanging helpless. "H-huh?! Yuu!"

Jack hacked into his hand. "Everything the housewarden touched is turning to sand?!" He yelped, making Leona smirk at the wolf.

"That'd be my signature spell. 'The King's Roar.' Ironic, isn't it? Nothin' the savanna hates more than a drought." His smirk dropped. "Yet its prince's magic desiccates everything—reduces it to sand."

"B-boss... It huuurts...!" Ruggie whimpered.

Yuu bit into her tongue enough to draw blood to distract herself from the stinging pain.

Yuu heard Deuce cry out, pointing to the area where Leona's hands were touching the others.

"The skin is cracking!" He pointed out, visibly distressed.

Ace yelped in surprise as he stared at the horrific scene. " Your spell can legit dry out a HUMAN BEING?!"

Riddle, however, looked on, terrified. "Leona that is enough!" He made eye contact with Yuu, keeping his composure as he addressed the Lion. "I cannot allow this to continue! Off With Your Head!"

The spell flew toward Leona who simply watched with disinterest as the collar simply bounced off a shield with a boink! Which would have admittedly been comical if the circumstances weren't so dire.

"Maybe you're some kinda prodigy, kid, but don't go thinkin' you're smarter than your elders." Leona sneered as Riddle's eyes widened in disbelief. "I aced my Protective Magic classes in my sleep."

Riddle huffed, biting his lip nervously as he examined the two injured students.

"How do you like that, Ruggie? Does it hurt? Is your mouth too dry to keep licking my boots? That was your finest talent, too." Leona smirked, letting Ruggie fall to the ground as his eyes turned wild and almost deranged. He turned to look at Yuu.

"And the pregnant little gazelle who weasled her way into the hearts of the Heartslabyul dorm... this will teach you to cross me." His hand began to reach for her stomach, making Yuu cry out fearfully, struggling.

"Shit! We gotta do something!" Ace cried.

"Let go of my henchman!" Grim hissed, running into the storm, only to be pushed back.

"If we don't stop him, now!" Jack snarled, snapping out of what appeared to be shock as his neck snapped to Yuu's struggling form and Ruggie's crumpled form that lay at Leona's feet. "If we don't then he's gonna...!"

Leona was much closer, his face dangerously close to Yuu that it gave her an idea. "Guys! I'm gonna do something stupid! When you see me do it, attack!" She called, surprising Leona, who looked up.

"The fuck does that-"

Yuu took this as an opportunity without hesitation, and her head collided with Leona's nose.