Chapter 6

Grim sent one more, powerful ball of blue fire, landing the last blow to the trickster ghosts.

"Hwaaahhh! We gotta get out of here! Before we get disappeared for good!" The largest ghost yelped as his friends agreed, fading into the background."

Several moments of silence passed, Yuu and Grim shocked at the results of their teamwork.

"H-huh? Did we... win?" Grim gasped, making his way to her.

"I... I think so?" In relief, Yuu slumped to the ground. It took her one moment before she began to laugh excitedly, the adrenaline pumping through her veins. "Grim! That...That was incredible! You were so cool!"

"Aw, geez. I was scared outta my-" Grim stopped himself, before proudly puffing out his chest. "I mean, they didn't faze me one bit! Just a walk in the park for a mage of my caliber! Whaddaya got to say now, ghosties? That's right!" He hopped up, a small celebration in his tired demeanor.

Yuu heard footsteps behind her, turning her head to see that the headmage had simply spawned behind her.

"Good evening! In another gesture of my immense kindness, I have brought you dinner!" He chirped, holding a plastic bag with food in tupperware. Something in the bag made her stomach turn, making her wrinkle her nose in distaste.

Crowley placed the bag on a table before he finally noticed Grim, who sat near her stomach. Crowley raised a confused brow. "Wait. That's the creature we ejected for causing trouble at orientation! What is it doing here?!" He exclaimed tensely.

Grim did not take too kindly to the way he was addressed, as he immediately stood up and glared at the headmage. "Takin' care of yer ghost problem, that's what. You're welcome, by the way!"

"What is the meaning of this, Miss Yuu?" He asked.

"He came looking for shelter, I gave it to him. He helped me escape the ghosts." She gave a short explanation.

"You know, on that topic, I do seem to recall that this dorm had a mischievous ghost problem." Crowley mentioned. "Ah, yes... That's why it was abandoned, in fact. The ghosts scared away all the students." Yuu stopped him, glaring.

"You mean to tell me... that you KNEW and you still put me here?!" She cried, making Crowley jump slightly.

"W-well, Anyway. Are you saying that you two joined forces to drive them away?" He turned to Grim, avoiding her icy gaze that bore into the back of his head.

"'Joined forces' ain't exactly how I'd describe it. More like I drove 'em away, and the human watched." Grim stated. Yuu dropped her glare, and her jaw dropped slightly at the insulting representation.

"And I only did it 'cause I wanted some tuna. Hey... Wait a minute! I never got that tuna ya promised!" Grim turned to look at her.

"Would you two be so kind as to demonstrate your ghost-eradication methods for me?" Crowley asked.

Grim snorted exasperated me. "One, no, 'cause I already wiped 'em all out. And two, no, 'cause where's my tuna?!" He glared, clearly hungry. Crowley chose to ignore the little monster and proceeded to corner the two, leaving little room for refusal.

"I will play the part of the ghosts. As for the tuna, you'll receive it when you defeat me. Oh!" Crowley chirped. "What generosity, Crowley..." He sang as he pulled out a vial with a thick liquid, uncovering it. "Now, to chug this transmutation potion!"

A strong minty scent wafted over to her, making her gag and quickly turn away. Yuu turned to look, only to see the man down the thick, neon green liquid. She shuddered at what she imagined the texture might be, turning away once again.

"Ugh." She wrinkled her nose in distaste, turning back to face Crowley. She jumped back slightly when she noticed that in place of the tall, birdlike man, floated a ghostly white figure wearing a crow mask.

"... Crowley?" She brought her hand up to massage her temple.

"Yes, my dear?" The apparition responded, giving her Crowley's signature smile.

"What the frick is this?"