Chapter 4

"Just as I'd suspected. Nothing." Crowley rolled up the map in exasperation. "Not only is your homeland not listed on any map from any point in history... but are you QUITE sure that you come from such a place? That wasn't some sort of lie, or jape?" His accusatory tone rubbed her the wrong way.

"Okay, why would I lie about something like my home?" She snapped. "I lived there! I was going home and then that stupid carriage came running at me!"

Crowley looked taken aback at her outburst, holding up both of his hands. "If what you're saying is true, then the only possible explanation is that you've come from another planet. Or perhaps you were summoned here from another dimension?" He suggested awkwardly.

Yuu considered it for a moment. "Another planet doesn't seem likely... But, another dimension? I think that may be it." She stated, considering the horses and how they appeared from the darkness of the road.

Crowley nodded and looked at her. "Show me everything that you brought here with you. A driver's license perhaps? Or even a...shoe?" He stated.

Yuu checked the pockets on her robe, no phone, no wallet.The only thing she found was the familiar folded document of her appointment that held her test results. It was the only thing she had with her. Maybe it could help her. "... I only have this." She offered it to the Headmage.

He took it in his clawed hands. He read over it carefully. "...Hmm." Was all he said, his glowing eyes once more trailing to the top of the page.

"... Mister Yuu? Were you, perchance, going to be a father?" Crowley asked.

"... No. Those were the results of the test that I took before I was taken here. Why?" She questioned, a clear confusion on her features. Crowley looked surprised.

"... You're female?" He asked.

Yuu felt her annoyance flare up again. "What's that supposed to mean?" She furrowed her brow.

Crowley returned the document to her, almost stiffly. "Well... you see, my dear, Night Raven College is an all boys institution. A woman in the school is truly strange."

Yuu's eyes widened in shock. "Oh." Was all that she could bring herself to say.

After a moment of awkward silence, Crowley looked at her again. "Well, this is quite the predicament." Crowley remarked. "I cannot have someone with no aptitude for magic bumbling about my magic academy. And yet, as an educator, I am loath to expel a young person without a cent to her name, or any ability to contact their guardian..." He muttered the rest to himself for so long that Yuu could literally see the wheels turning into his head.

Yuu jumped slightly when the headmage gave a happy shout. "Truly, my grace is boundless."

"What is it?" She asked in confusion watching Crowley make an "Aha!" gesture. He turned to look at her, grasping her hand excitedly.

"There is a vacant building on this campus. It was, in fact, used as a dorm a long time ago. With a proper cleaning, it should be habitable enough." He informed her. She raised an eyebrow at his much brighter golden eyes.

"You're giving me a place to stay?" She asked.

Crowley nodded like a toddler confirming a mother's suspicions. "Out of the profound kindness of my heart, I will allow you to live there for the time being."

She gave Crowley an awkward smile as she gave him a quiet, "Thank you."

Crowley nodded dismissively, far too preoccupied with praising himself. "In the meantime, we will investigate other ways to send you home. Dear me, but I am a gracious man indeed! A model educator, one might say." He paused for a moment before giving her a smile.

"Well then, I shall take you to your dorm straight away. It is an older building, but it has plenty of...character, one might say." He chirped and let her steady herself before he led her out of the library.