Book 2, Chapter 15

Yuu's dream began like any other, memories of her beloved Anthony and images of what would have been her family danced beautifully, making her heart soar happily as she wished her dream would never end.

The dreamy pink sky darkened suddenly into an eerie green as the clouds began storm and Yuu turned to run to Anthony, her terrified gaze meeting his sad green eyes as he called out to her, reaching out as the ground split open beneath her feet.

Yuu tried to jump but to no avail as she tumbled into the darkness of the hole and she closed her eyes.

When she opened her eyes again, Yuu couldn't make out much light as her eyes scanned over the rocky terrain. From over the corner, a yellow-green light emitted from a large, open space and she heard heavy, synchronized foot steps. Just behind the noise, Yuu could make out loud and high pitched cackling akin to that which she'd heard from the videos on hyenas.

Quietly, the young woman scrambled to the light, noticing an edge that overlooked a wide open space filled with hyenas that marched forward facing to their right.

"Marching hyenas?"

She followed their gaze, her sight landing on a familiar looking lion as he spoke loudly.

"This world is about to be turned upside down. Be prepared! A shining new era is near!" He announced earning excited yips from the hyenas.

A female hyena, much larger than the two males slunk forward, regarding the lion with a skeptical tone. "And where do we fit in?"

The lion lurched toward the hyena and he grinned, his emerald eyes glinting evilly. "Just listen." He chided as he returned his attention to the pack of hyenas.

"We are going to take out Mufasa AND his son!" The lion announced gleefully, an eerily childish excitement in his tone as he spoke about killing others. Yuu paled as some part of her mind recalled the names to be those of his brother and young nephew.

"In doing so..." The Lion stood tall. "I will be king!"

"Alright!" One of the male hyenas cackled excitedly. "Long live the king!"

The other hyenas joined, high pitched laughs and excited barks resounded in the cave as the hyenas joined in, chanting; "Long live the king! Long live the king!"

The Lion happily drank in the attention. "Stick with me, and you'll never go hungry again! I've got fangs and courage that none can match. So be prepared!"

Yuu looked on, horrified at the planning she'd just witnessed as the ground began to shake and her vision blurred.

"He's planning to hurt his family for this... Why did he want to be king so badly?"

.

.

.

"Another animal dream?" Yuu mumbled before she'd fully realized that she could not breathe properly.

Yuu stirred as she felt a familiar heavy creature sitting atop her chest. Yuu opened one eye and groaned loudly as she noticed Grim staring down at her expectantly.

"Oh, Yuu, you're up? Breakfast is gettin' cold! Let's go eat already!" He said, hopping off of her and allowing her to sit up.

Yuu stretched as she collected her clothes, deodorant, and brush before entering the bathroom and dressing herself.

Yuu washed her face and went to dry her face when she noticed the eye bags that were slowly becoming more visible over time.

"You'd think these dreams would at least allow for a little rest." She groaned as she brushed her hair out, attempting to pull it into a low ponytail (and failing) before finally giving up and settling for a half-ponytail.