Book 1, Chapter 21

Yuu felt rather uncomfortable as she sat in a secluded area of the infirmary, allowing her abdomen to be felt and checked by Crewel, who listened with a doppler for signs of harm to her unborn child.

Yuu prayed internally, waiting for Professor Crewel to finish for what felt like hours. Yuu felt as the sensation of Crewel's prodding touch left her stomach and he opened his eyes, removing the stethoscope.

"You're good, pup." He smiled reassuringly to her as she felt herself breathing a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank goodness." She said, smiling.

"However," Crewel added. "You must lower your blood pressure a bit. It is unhealthily high."

Yuu gave a nod. "I'll try, but no promises. I live with Grim." She chuckled, attempting to relax her shoulders as she heard an insulted, "Hey!" From outside.

The young woman looked to the dividing curtain as she slid off the table before clicking her tongue.

"You both can come in now." She called a couple seconds before the curtain opened, revealing both the headmage and her cat monster.

"Good! I am very relieved that your child is alright!" Crowley cooed, holding a bag filled with books and fresh produce such as lean meats, fruits, and eggs, as well as several vegetables.

"As the kind headmage that graciously brought you in, I have procured you a fine collection of fresh ingredients!" He announced, preening and puffing out his chest.

Yuu's features softened as she gave out a soft giggle.

"Thank you both for being so kind to me. I really appreciate it." She smiled, taking the food with a bow.

Crowley returned the smile, holding his head up a little higher as he ushered her out of the room, confirming their meeting for tomorrow.

Once Yuu had collected Grim, she made her way back to the old, decrepit dorm, anxiety gnawing at her heart as she recalled the planned duel for the morning of tomorrow.

.

.

.

Yuu tossed and turned uncomfortably in her bed, her mind picturing the form of the mirror in her room. She felt something pulling at her consciousness, this time more urgent in warning. Yuu allowed herself to be poor.

Yuu opened her eyes once more, the familiar realization that she was no longer in her room permitted for the realization that Yuu had returned to the strange dream world.

However, unlike the previous times, she was no longer surrounded by the beautiful white roses, tainted by the scent of still-wet paint. This time, Yuu was greeted by the sight of a courtroom. Below on the witness stand, Yuu recognized the young girl who sat before the queen.

"... And as for you, your Majesty, 'Your majesty,' indeed..." She said, shrinking from a large size as she spoke. Yuu's eyes widened in horror as she watched how the terrifying queen began to smirk maliciously, the longer the girl spoke.

"Why, you're not a queen. You're just a fat, pompous, bad-tempered ty-tyrant..." Alice froze in realization as horror washed over her delicate features.

Yuu's heart clenched as she stood, trying desperately to push through the crowd to get to Alice as the queen leaned forward.

Her face was dangerous as she feigned interest. She gave a dry laugh, leading both Yuu and Alice to look up fearfully. "What were you saying, my dear?" She asked, relatively calmly as Alice stumbled over her words.

Atop the queen's head, a cat fazed in with a playful smile, grin seemingly innocent as he announced;

"Well, she simply said that you're a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old tyrant!" The cat released a pleased, maniacal cackle as Yuu felt herself finally reach the edge of the balcony that overlooked the room.