Chapter 19

A/N: Thanks so much for 1.2k reads!  I'm so happy! I hope you like the story so far! I'm doing quite a bit of research about pregnancy so I can make this as accurate as I can! Thanks so much for reading!!!

2k reads!  I'm so happy! I hope you like the story so far! I'm doing quite a bit of research about pregnancy so I can make this as accurate as I can! Thanks so much for reading!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pardon?! You're telling me you actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?" Crowley yelped, looking over the students in surprise.

"Yes." What a unanimous answer from the confused teens regarding the absurd question of the Headmage. Yuu nodded when he'd looked over to her.

"I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it." The Headmage stated incredulously. "And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone!" He looked over, wincing at the stern glare on Yuu's face, opting to ignore it.

"And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents." He muttered, earning himself an angry yowl from Grim.

"Are you serious?! While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!"

Those words seemed to freeze the Crow-man in place as he slowly turned to look at the cat. "I beg your pardon... 'Monster'...?" His glowing eyes examined the small cuts across Yuu's face, face contorting into horror.

"Yeah. There was a monster, all right." Ace pushed past her, chest puffed out angrily. "A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!"

Crowley looked at her one last time before speaking. "Would you kindly relate this story in full?"

.

.

.

To say that they'd stunned Crowley into silence was an understatement. The Headmage stared blankly for a couple minutes, eyes wide in surprise.

"... So a mysterious monster was living in the mines," He began, a bit weary of the subject. "And the four of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me?"

"I- I don't know that I'd call it 'working together.'" Ace denied, quickly joined by Deuce.

"Yeah! It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time..."

Yuu bit back a smile. However exhausted she was, the awkward responses from the boys was always amusing.

Seemingly out of nowherre, Crowley released a loud wail. "Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhhh!" He began to sob, surprising Yuu, who rushed to attempt to console the crying man.

She got stopped, however, due to the tug on her pant leg by Grim. "What is this guy's deal?! Burstin' into tears in public? At this age?!"

"Grim." She hissed. "Don't be rude."

"In all the decades I've worked at this school..." Crowley blubbered. "The day has finally come when the students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!"