Book 3, Chapter 8

Yuu glared at the twins, curled protectively around her unborn child and her cat as Ace and Deuce simply looked up, far too exhausted to be afraid.

The more professional looking twin gave a sadistic smirk as his gaze swept the table as if looking for an easy target to hunt. "Is it just my imagination, or is someone looking a bit dour today?" He smirked, his golden eye gleaming with sadistic euphoria as if feeding off Grim's cowardice.

Ace grumbled under his breath. "Oh, y'know, we're just coming to terms with being ordered around by a trio of tyrants."

A sudden fist slammed into the area directly beside Ace's face, making the ginger flinch as an amused laugh escaped the terrifying twin.

"Isn't that cute? The sea anemone that breached its contract is talking!" His face darkened for a split second, sending a shiver down the spines of the Freshmen at the table. "You guys know you're in no position to complain. So shut your traps."

Grim yelped, cowering further into Yuu's protective hold. "Not the squeeze!"

Jade waved off his brother with a soft smile, literally pushing himself in between Yuu and Jack. "Allow me to clarify: I wasn't talking to the sea anemones. I was specifically addressing you..."

The young pregnant woman didn't flinch, instead scowled at the boy.

"Yuu, prefect of Ramshackle Dorm."

The boys at the table all froze as Floyd joined Jade in invading Yuu's personal space.

Severely uncomfortable now, Yuu pushed both away from her, hunching over to prevent any accidental discovery of her gender.

"What?" She deadpanned.

"Awww, look at you, scurrying backwards like a shrimp afraid of being someone's lunch!" Floyd teased, cupping Yuu's face in his palm. "And on that note... You're so teeny, Imma call you 'Little Shrimpy' from now on!" He smiled, revealing rows of impossibly sharp teeth.

Yuu rolled her eyes. "Touch me again and you're losing that hand, Jaws."

Floyd smirked, his golden eye taking on an insane glimmer. "Ooh! Maybe you're more of a mantis shrimp, huh? You're gonna be fun!"

Yuu looked at Ace and Deuce, who muttered among themselves.

"I understand that you were playing little spy games with Riddle and others just recently, Yuu." Jade said. "You may know who we are already, but I've always been a stickler for formal introductions."

He gave a bow resembling that of a butler. "I am Jade Leech, and this is my twin brother Floyd."

"Heya. I'm Floyd. Nice to meetcha, Little Mantis Shrimpy." Floyd grinned widely.

"Now, where was I? Ah, yes..." Jade smiled, although his eyes gleamed with something that Yuu couldn't quite pinpoint. "Allow me to infer what troubles you, Yuu."

Yuu tensed. Something about the eyes of these twins made her anxious.

"Could your anxiety perhaps stem from these three anemone stooges?"

"'Perhaps'?" Jack placed an arm between Yuu and the twins, snarling slightly in warning. "Listen to you, acting all coy."

"Ugh!" Floyd groaned, rolling his eyes with a frown. "What's your problem? You're as prickly as a sea urchin."

"Wh-" Jack's perked ears flattened, temporarily confused before they perked back up and he gave a low growl. "I'm a WOLF, not a sea urchin!"

Floyd smirked as he continued to tease Jack. "Really? You sure?"