1 Who is she?

Part 1 Who is she?

Allahabad

Shashi Gupta was greeting the guests who were present for his daughter's engagement. His daughter Khushi Gupta was getting engaged to a multimillionaire. He was one of the most famous businessmen in India who belonged to Delhi. He was Khushi's brother Akash's friend. They studied at Delhi University together and became best friends. Anirudh Mehta liked Khushi very much when he saw Akash's family photo. He approached her parents. Anirudh's parents also liked Khushi who was beauty with brains. They agreed to the marriage even though Guptas were not up to their status because they didn't want to disappoint their only son.

Anirudh Mehta, the groom entered Gupta Premises with his parents Mr. Sourab Mehta and Mrs. Vishali Mehta all smiling. He bent down to touch Shashi Gupta's feet but Shashi stopped his going-to-be son-in-law.

"God bless you, beta..."

Shashi looked at Sourab.

"Namaste Mehtaji" Shashi shook hands with Sourab. Garima welcomed them joining her hands and took them in. Anirudh ran his eyes impatiently to see the bride.

"Bride is still in her room..." One of his friends countered which made him smile with a blush.

The main hall was crowded with guests. Elders were chitchatting with each other about how the Mehta family accepted Gupta's alliance whereas kids were running here and there joyfully not wanting to miss the chance to play with their friends. Yet, everyone was looking at the staircase, expecting the bride.

"Bring Khushi," Shashi Gupta said.

Garima nodded ok and went upstairs to bring the bride. Within a few minutes, Khushi Gupta descended the stairs with Garima just like an Angel in a pink Lehanga with silver work. All the eyes were on her. Good-hearted people admired her beauty, Girls at the same age as Khushi looked at her with jealous, and young guys ogled at her even though she was going to get engaged to Anirudh.

We don't know what destiny wanted from Khushi,

A few children who were playing on the stairs stepped on her skirt from behind. Khushi was pulled back and sipped her balance. Her head banged on the parapet and she rolled down the stairs. No one could do anything. All of them looked at her not understanding anything.

Garima ran down the stairs, shouting,

"Khushiiiii..."

When Khushi reached the last step, her pink Lehanga had become RED in color as it had been soaked with her blood. Everyone rushed to her in shock. Shashi tapped her cheek with teary eyes. But there was no movement in Khushi.

"Avinash..." Sourab shouted for his doctor friend who was a Psychiatrist.

He accompanied Sourab from Delhi to Allahabad only to attend his son's engagement.

Avinash rushed to Khushi and checked her pulse. He looked at Sourab with disappointment. Shashi was horrified by his expression.

"What happened, Doctor? What happened to my daughter?"

Without answering him,

"Pick her up and bring her to the room" Avinash screamed.

Akash lifted her up and rushed to the nearby room. Avinash started doing CPR treatment for Khushi. But there was no use of it. After fifteen minutes, he came out of the room with a hung face. People who waited for him looked at him with expectations. Avinash nodded NO breaking their hope.

"What do you mean?" Shashi shouted.

"She is no more"

"Khushiiiiii...." Garima rushed to the room whereas Shashi sat on the floor with a thud.