24 Perplexed Arnav

Part 24 Perplexed Arnav

Khushi was running like mad. Tears streamed from her eyes uncontrolled. There was nothing in her mind except Arnav. She didn't know whether what she was doing was right or wrong. She was not in the state of thinking anything other than Sheetal's words, HE IS GOING TO BE SOMEONE'S. She could not bear those words. She felt like her heart might blast anytime.

"How could Arnav do this to me?" She murmured in between her tears.

Dr. Avinash who came out of his clinic, finishing that day's appointments, saw her running with tears. He was shocked as well as confused.

"Khushiiii..." He shouted but Khushi didn't stop. She might not have heard him. She would not have stopped even if she had heard him. She was not in the state to stop... For any reason.

On the other side,

Arnav entered RM and saw his parents were chit-chatting with Gourav's family. A plate with sweets was kept on the tea table. He saw his sister Aparna. She gestured to him like, tell them about your love.

"Hello, Arnav..." Gourav greeted him.

"Hello, uncle, Namaste aunty" Arnav greeted them. He didn't greet his daughter... He didn't feel too... He didn't know why.

But, she did.

"Hello..."

Arnav gave a slight nod.

"My wife and daughter wanted to meet your family. I don't want to delay it. That's why I brought them today. I thought you would be at home as today is Saturday ..."

"Saturday is also a working day for us," Arnav said.

"Oh..." Gourav looked at Arvind and gestured for him to say.

"Chotte, actually, Gourav wants to..." He hesitated to talk in the open but Gourav took the lead.

"Arnav, there is nothing to play hide and seek. I and Arvind want you to marry Hirma..."

Arnav looked at Arvind, raising his left eyebrow, like, really? He smiled at him awkwardly.

"I showed your photograph to my daughter. She liked you. I and my wife liked your profile. More than that, your family. Your parents are also happy with this proposal. We are just waiting to take the proposal forward. What say?"

Arnav looked at Hirma who smiled with confidence.

"You showed my photograph to your daughter. You have discussed with your wife about my profile and analyzed my family status. It would have taken at least one week for you to do that..."

Gourav looked at Arvind. They didn't know what Arnav wanted to tell them.

"Then, how could you expect me to say my decision immediately?"

"We are Bride's family. We would think a lot before finalizing the alliance but what's there for you to think? Hirma is in front of you and she is beautiful..."

Arnav chuckled softly scratching his forehead. Gourav frowned.

"There are many beautiful girls in my company with a very good profile... and..."

Arnav stopped talking, hearing a thud of the door. He saw Khushi standing, panting hard all messed up, wearing the suit given by HIM. But, Khushi didn't even notice the coat Arnav was wearing as her mind was stuck. He stood up, looking at her stunningly. What Khushi was doing here? How did she know his house?

In no time she rushed to him and stood running her eyes on people around him. The restlessness on her face said what would have brought her there. She would have known about the Groom seeing ceremony that brought her here. But how?