26 Terrible Truth

Part 26 Terrible Truth

Arnav attended the call without wasting time, walking away from the office staff. He wanted to keep everything related to Khushi personal.

"Hello, doctor, how is Khushi?" Arnav asked.

"Who is this?" Avinash asked. He called Arnav, seeing the missed calls on his phone.

"I'm Arnav speaking doctor..."

"Oh, Arnav...! I saw the missed calls in my phone. That's why I called you. How did you get my number?"

"I came to your clinic to meet you but you were not there. So, I took the number from the board"

Avinash was pleased as Arnav showed interest in meeting him.

"I always finish OT before 11 o'clock."

"Oh... How is Khushi? Is she alright?"

Avinash sensed worry in his tone.

"No... She is not... She tried to kill herself" Avinash said that to see his reaction.

"Whaaaaat?" Arnav was shocked to the core.

"Yes, Mr. Arnav... She is not in her sense. She almost lost her hope of getting you, knowing you were getting engaged"

"I would like to meet her. Shall I?" he asked restlessly.

"I'm sorry... I made her sleep with the help of medicine as her condition was abnormal. I would not have done that if I had known you would like to meet her" Avinash regretted.

"That's ok, sir. I will meet her when she wakes up. When will she wake up?"

"After two days"

"After twwwwo days?" he was also shocked just like Garima did.

"Yes, she is so anxious... She lost her thinking ability. She may make a horrible decision in haste. That's why I made her sleep"

Arnav gulped down.

"Shall we meet, doctor?"

"We?" he asked gladly.

"Yeah, I would like to talk to you"

"Sure... When will you be free?"

"This evening?"

"Ok... Come to my clinic at 6o' clock"

"Ok, doctor"

"Mr. Arnav, was that your engagement?"

"No, doctor. He is my father's friend. They came to our house just to start a wedding talk..."

"Then how Khushi thought it was your engagement?"

"It's because of a woman in our office. she always troubles everyone... she did that to Khushi today"

"Oh..."

"I will come to your clinic this evening Doctor"

"Sure... I will be waiting"

"Thank you, doctor"

"Welcome," Avinash disconnected the call.

Arnav's anger for Sheetal raised tenfold after hearing Khushi tried to kill herself. He decided to get the staff's signature sincerely. To his surprise, ninety percent of the staff signed the petition, of course, without Sheetal's knowledge.

In the meanwhile, Avinash called Bhashyam. He attended the call.

"Hello, Doctor, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine... what about you?"