48 Feelings

Part 48 Feelings...

Khushi saw the man called Arjun standing at the doorstep. His face brightened to see Khushi who was bewildered, seeing him.

Shashi Gupta frowned. How did he come here? How did he find their house so fast? Though the doctor said he would come to Khushi again, how it was possible for him this sooner?

"Indhu..." he called Khushi painfully.

Khushi looked down not knowing what to do.

"Indhu, why are you silent? I can't believe you could be not reacting to me. We got separated in our last birth due to the dirty game of fate. We have crossed a long way to meet each other Indhu. Are not you ought to be happy? Can't you recognize me?"

That was when they heard,

"She could not recognize you..."

They looked at Doctor Avinash who was looking at the man called Arjun.

"Why? Why could not she recognize me?"

"It's because you are not looking like Arjun"

"But, I'm telling you what happened in the last birth..."

"It's not a big deal... everyone in her office knows her last birth story"

"Don't you trust me?" He asked Khushi.

"How could she trust you if you are not looking like Arjun?"

"What's my mistake if I'm not looking like Arjun?"

"What's her mistake if she could not recognize you?"

"Is it necessary to have the same face as our previous birth? Doesn't your heart identify me?"

Khushi looked at him and said,

"I could not identify you"

"Why Indhu...?" He rushed to Khushi and tried to cup her face, but Khushi moved a step back.

"Indhu, don't do this to me... you are my life. I want you at least in this birth" he again tried to touch her.

As no one expected, she slapped him hard.

"Can't you understand what I say...?" she yelled with anger, making everyone shocked.

The new Arjun stood, touching his cheek.

Avinash walked to her. In no time, Khushi leaned on his shoulder.

"Khushi beta, relax... everything will be alright"

"Uncle, don't trust him... he must be sent by Pradeep to separate me from Arnav"

"Pradeep? What are you talking Indhu? He was the one who burnt us alive... how could I come here on his words?"

"What are you saying, Khushi? How did Pradeep come here?" Avinash asked.

"Yes, uncle, he is in Delhi to fix his son's wedding with my friend Lavanya but we got her married to our colleague NK this morning. He must have sent this idiot to confuse me. So that, again I would get separated from Arjun"

"Indhu, I'm Arjun"

"No... you are not my Arjun... you can't be. I know my Arjun... I could recognize his heartbeat that beats only for me"

"You will not find one because it's me... your Arjun"

"No, I have already found him with the same features as Arjun"

"Whaaaat? It's not possible"

Khushi rolled her eyes.

"What's your name?" Avinash asked him.