40 Arjun and Arnav

Part 40 Arjun and Arnav 

"Did you meet her?" Arnav asked Khushi.

"Many times. I could not forget the first meeting with her... how furious, how aggressive she was that day..." Khushi gulped down thinking about the day.

"Why? What happened?"

"Leave it, Arnav. I don't want to remember her"

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Khushi but I would like to know what made Pradeep aggressive and Pradeepa commit suicide. Just tell me about her and Pradeep"

Arnav wanted to know about them because Aadhil's family was also scared of him. So, he wanted to know what happened then.

"That day, we went to Golkonda. We always preferred Golkonda because we had empty places there to talk freely. That day also we were talking, leaning on one another's shoulders. Suddenly, we heard someone shouting, Arjuuuunnnn... we jerked and looked at the girl who was looking at us furiously. I didn't know who she was but you became embarrassed to see her."

"Was she Pradeepa?"

"Mmm... 'What are you doing here?' she asked you but her eyes were at me. without answering her, you said 'Let's go, Indhu' Clutching my hand, you started walking. She came in front of you and blocked your way. 'Who is she?' she asked glaring at me. 'She is Indhu, I'm going to marry her' you said"

"Oh... really?"

"Mmm... 'Whaaaat?' She clutched your collar furiously. You pushed her away. Taking a big stone, she tried to hit me. This time you pushed her forcefully and she fell to theground. I was scared and asked you, 'Arjun, who is she?' you said, 'She is mad' She started shouting, ' Yes, I'm mad... I'm mad about you, Arjun...!Why don't you understand? Why don't you like me? I will give you anything you want. I can't live without you. I will die if you marry someone"

"What I said?" Arnav asked.

"You said, 'I will die every day if I marry you. How could I live with the girl who I don't like?' you shouted at her. She asked, 'Why don't you like me? Am I not beautiful? What did you see in her that I don't have?' You replied, 'She won't behave mannerlessly in the public place like you do' She stood glaring at me. you dragged me from the place"

"What after that?"

"After that the problem became severe. Pradeep dealt with your parents directly and said he was ready to give them whatever they wanted if they got you married to his sister. Your parents spoke to you about it but you denied marrying her and told them about me. They said they would accept me as their daughter-in-law only if my parents gave the same dowry Pradeep agreed to give them. You fought with your parents because you knew my parents didn't have that much money. So, you got ready to leave everything behind to marry me. We got married. Pradeepa committed suicide on the same day of our wedding. Pradeep fired our house the same day night. That was our first night" She stopped.

Arnav gave her time to compose. He knew she would get disturbed whenever she thought about the incident. She again continued.

"Pradeepa loved you so much. I don't know about it. You didn't tell me about her because you didn't give heed to her. If I got to know about her love, I would not have accepted your proposal"

"Did you tell this to me...? I mean, to Arjun?"

"I did"

"What did I say?"

"You were upset with me. you didn't talk to me for the whole day for saying that"

Arnav chuckled.

"Didn't you try to console me?"