17 Mess

Part 17 Mess

Khushi looked at Arnav with the same shock who just turned her computer ON as she also saw the same words on her computer screen. That indicated, that their company's server was under DARK WEB mafia's control.

Arnav tapped the keyboard nervously but no use. The screen didn't change. Ranjith smirked, seeing his suffocation.

"ASR... what's this?" Aman also shouted.

"It shows DOTMADS" Priyanka said.

"Ransomware affected system only shows like this. Right?" Aman asked.

Arnav nodded yes.

"Whaaaat? Ransomware? What does that mean?" NK was shocked.

"It's a kind of VIRUS. Some Mafias using them to earn money from companies." Arnav said gritting his teeth.

"Can't we open our system?" Priyanka asked.

"No... all our files would be corrupted" Arnav sat with a thud.

"My God... how could we complete the project today? We have to submit it tomorrow" NK said.

"But, why the Mafia is targeting us? What will they get from doing this?" – Priyanka.

"Money... what else?" – Arnav.

"Will they demand?" – Priyanka.

Arnav nodded yes.

"Then, we have to approach them and talk to them without wasting time," Priyanka said nervously.

"We can't approach them... we can talk to them only IF they want to... they may be anywhere in the world. We can't find their details..." Arnav said.

"Then, how will we complete the project? We almost completed it. only ten percent of the work should be done. Can't we retrieve them?"

"To do that, we should open our system first. We can't do that we cleared the problem. The one who hacked it can only do that because it's a kind of VIRUS... our anti-virus applications are not enough to protect our computers"

"But, we can protect our systems with two strong anti-virus applications," Said Khushi who was silent till then.

All of them looked at her.

"Yeah, Quick Heal and Kaspersky. They protect but won't recover..." She added.

"We should have installed them cautiously" Priyanka squeezed her hands.

"What can we do now, Nannav?"

"We should take this issue to Bhashyam, sir," Aman said.

"Yes, we have to do it," NK said.

"But, he would also have known about it by now, right?" Priyanka asked.

"No... his system is a personal computer. It's not connected with our server" Said Arnav.

"Oh..."

"I don't know how to tell him this. He hopes to submit the project tomorrow. How could we disappoint him? Our company has never given an excuse for any of its projects so far. How could we make him do that now?" Arnav felt bad.

"What's our mistake, ASR? This is not in our hands. This happened because of a Mafias... don't feel bad"

"Being head of the team is not easy, Arnav. You should have learned to save your teammate's hard work before started leading them" Ranjith said sarcastically.

"Shut up, Ranjith. Don't you know the basics of courtesy? You first learn, when and what to talk" Priyanka said furiously.

"I will learn them relaxingly... but you guys can't be relaxed because this is about our company's goodwill and reputation. How are you going to overcome this?"