8 Telugu Friend

Part 8 Telugu Friend

{In this chapter, conversations in BOLD letters would be in Telugu. Non- Telugu people please skip it.

For Telugu readers: Please forgive me if I made any mistake in your mother tongue}

Khushi was sitting all sad in her section because she was not with Arnav on the first floor but on the second floor.

That was when the girl on the next desk got a call on her mobile. The ringtone was in Telugu.

*Inkem Inkem Inkem Kavale... Chale Idhi Chale...(What more is needed? This is enough)

Neekai nuvve vacchi vaalave ikapai thiranaalley ( you have come into my life. This is a time of celebration)*

Khushi's eyes sparkled. The girl attended it.

"Cheppandi...(Tell me)"

Khushi looked at her excitedly.

"Meeru Teluguvara? Are you Telugu?" Khushi asked.

The girl looked at Khushi with the same excitement and nodded yes. She gestured to Khushi to give her two minutes to finish the call. Khushi nodded okay and waited. After talking, she cut the call and smiled at Khushi.

"Meeru kooda Teluguvara? Are you also Telugu?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"I'm Lavanya"

"I'm Khushi Gupta"

"Gupta? Kani, meru Teluguvaru annaru? (Gupta? But you said you are Telugu?" Lavanya asked with confusion.

Khushi was silent.

"Evvayindhi? (What happened?)"

"Nenu ela Telugu ammai ani chepthe, meeru nammaru...(You won't believe it if I say how I'm a Telugu)"

"Endhukku nammanu?(Why won't I believe?)"

"Nenu naa mundho jenmamlo Telugu ammai. (I was a Telugu girl in my previous birth)"

Lavanya frowned.

"Mundho jenmamlona? (Previous Birth?)"

Khushi nodded yes.

"Nannu evaru namma ledhu, Maa Amma, Nana kooda...! meeku thelusa, Delhi ochche varaku nenu eppudu Allahabad ninchi baitta adagu petta ledhu. Ante, nenu ela Telugu matlada Kalanu? (No one trusts me, even my parents. You know until I came to Delhi I never stepped out of Allahabad. Then how could I speak Telugu?)"

Lavanya was thoughtful as well as confused.

"Nenu Telugu Baga matlada Ledha? ( Am I not talking Telugu well?)"

"Arpudham (Excellent)"

{This conversation between Khushi and Lavanya is important for Lavanya to understand Khushi's Telugu knowledge. That's why I wrote it in Telugu.}

"Tell me, how could I talk Telugu fluently if I'm not a Telugu girl?"

Lavanya was silent as she didn't know whether she should believe Khushi or not.

"How do you know about your previous birth?" Lavanya asked.

Khushi told her about what happened in her engagement. Lavanya was stunned because it happened during her engagement and it stopped.

"Could you remember everything about your previous birth?"

"Not everything but about my husband and our love"