21 Raizada Mansion

Part 21 Raizada Mansion

Arnav was waiting for Khushi to get his coat back. NK came from the second floor, taking his bag.

"Let's go," he said.

"Wait, I will come after getting my coat from Khushi," Arnav said.

"Khushi? She fled away with Lavanya wearing your coat," NK chuckled.

"Whaaaat? But, I bought her a new dress,"

"Of course, you bought her a new dress but, it's not YOUR dress..." he winked.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Don't you know love is crazy?"

"But, what will she do with my coat?"

"She may do Pooja, I suppose. Or, she may sleep hugging it," NK said teasingly.

Arnav was dumbfounded.

"Did she really leave?"

"Mother promise... She left"

Arnav sighed. Taking his bag, he walked out.

.......

Khushi came home wearing Arnav's overcoat all the way smilingly. It was a crazy feeling to wear a lover's clothes. Those who were in love only could feel it... Just like pain... Just like God.

She reached the house. Before pressing the calling bell switch, she removed the coat and kept it in her bag. She was cautious about her torn top. So, she stood leaning on the wall, hiding it. When Garima opened the door, Khushi made sure, she was facing her front to Garima.

"Khushi, you came soon..."

"A party is going to be held in our office tomorrow. So, they send us soon," she didn't tell her about the project mess to Garima. Talking to Garima, she moved towards her room backward.

"What's this? " Garima pointed at the paper bag in her hand.

"My friend Lavanya went to the nearby shop to buy new clothes for her. She wanted me to accompany her. I liked this dress. So, I bought it"

"Oh... Did you have lunch?"

"No, Amma, I had snacks"

"You don't have to eat the food from your lunch box. Have hot food"

Khushi didn't deny it. Garima went to the kitchen and Khushi sighed in relief. Closing the door, she changed her dress.

Keeping the new dress on the cupboard, she sat on the bed with Arnav's coat. She smelled it smilingly. It was good, her dress tore. That was why Arnav gave his coat and got a new dress for her. More than that, Arnav thought of helping her at the right time. It was undoubtedly a noticeable improvement. It might not be love but he had no hatred in his heart for her. Was not it enough?

Evening

Akash came home a little earlier and became happy seeing Khushi at home.

"Khushi... Did you come earlier today?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"Mom, you and Khushi get ready. We are going to attend a pooja"

"What pooja?"

"There is a Navratri pooja at Mehta house. Aunty wants both of you to take part"

"She called me," said Garima.

"Are you coming right?"

Garima looked at Khushi.

"You go Amma... I'm not coming" Khushi said.