5 Khushi's Action

Note: Telugu readers, please spare me if you find any mistakes in my Telugu.

Part 5 Khushi in Action

RM

Arnav came home and sat on the couch, keeping his bag aside. His mother and sister were watching the news seriously. It was about an Earthquake. Ratna felt bad about the people who lost their properties in the blink of an eye and expecting someone for a few slices of bread.

"How pity! How lavishing they would have lived... everything turned upside down and waiting for someone to feed them," Arnav's sister Aparna said feeling sad.

"Poor they... don't know which birth karma followed them," Ratna said.

Arnav was taken aback, listening to the theory of BIRTH and KARMA.

"Do you believe in REBIRTH?" he asked Ratna.

"Of course, I do. According to the Hindu religion, everyone has seven births..."

"That's why Mumma keeps fasting on Karwa Chauth to get Dad as her husband for the upcoming births because she is not ready to leave him in peace in the next birth too..." Aparna teased.

Ratna hit her shoulder playfully and said,

"You should feel happy about it. Or else, your father's condition would be so miserable... mind it"

"But, it should be said by Dad, not you, Mom..." she laughed.

"Listen, no matter whether I keep fasting or not, he will be my husband in the upcoming birth too because the husband and wife relationship is interlocked for seven births," Ratna said.

"Poor him..." Aparna pulled her leg.

Arnav was thinking about the girl who claimed him as her previous birth husband.

"What are you thinking, Chotte?" Ratna asked.

"Today, I met a girl"

"Girl?" both of them asked in the same tone.

"I think she is a mental disorder patient"

"Oh..."

"She called me ARJUN. Clutching my hand tight, she said DON'T GO..."

Ratna and Aparna raised their eyebrows.

"She said I'm your wife... we loved each other, we were burnt alive,"

"Burnt alive?" Ratna was shocked.

"Yes, her brother came there and apologized for her behavior. She said her name was Indhu but her brother called her Khushi. I asked him about it. Do you know what she answered?"

"What?"

"She said, Indhu was her previous birth name. I was her husband in that birth"

"Ayyo"

"Then her brother dragged her with him without giving heed to her plead"

"How did she look like?" Aparna asked.

Arnav was stuck. He remembered how she cried.

"Was she looking good?"

"Yes... she looked good... She cried so miserably"

"Did she cry?" Ratna asked.

"Yes, when I say I don't know her, I saw restlessness in her eyes. She cried..."

"Didn't you say anything to her?"

"I said, I'm not Arjun but Arnav"

"Don't fall into their trap, Chotte. I think this is a new way of forgery" Ratna said.