22 The Coat

Part 22 The Coat

Khushi stopped an auto to leave Anirudh's place. Before she left, Garima got into the auto with Khushi. She was not ready to let Khushi leave alone. She avoided speaking to Khushi in the auto but was watching her. Khushi looked disturbed. So, Garima didn't want to disturb her more by talking with her.

They reached home. Khushi looked at Garima and said,

"Amma, I'm sorry if I hurt you but please try to understand me. I can't marry Anirudh. Please make Bhai understand that. Why doesn't he understand me? I agreed to marry Anirudh because you and Babuji wanted it but I can't accept him now. I can't accept anyone other than Arjun as my husband. Being a woman, at least you understand me. Having Arjun's memories in my heart, I can't think of anyone. Please..." She pleaded, joining her hands.

Garima was about to say something, but she stopped, seeing Akash coming.

"What have you done, Khushi? Is this how you run from their house? What would they think about us? You should have waited there for a courtesy. That's what is called manners. I didn't expect this kind of uncultured action from you..."

"Shut up, Akash... if I let you talk, will you talk anything?" Garima chided him.

"Mom, she didn't even bid bye to them... what would they think?"

"You bothered a lot about your friend and their family... what about your sister? She was not ready to come to their house... it was you who forcefully took her by giving words that no one would embarrass her. But, from the time, she stepped into their house, they kept on nagging her and you were silently letting them do that. Try to understand one thing, Akash, she is your sister. Her comfort and her feelings should be more important to you than your friend's happiness. Instead of making her comfortable, you embarrassed her. Then, how would she be there?"

"Mom, Anirudh loves her..."

"But she doesn't... respect her feelings. Without interest, how could she live with him? Forcing her into this marriage will lead your friend into grief. If you want to be a good friend, you should be a good brother. As a brother, stop forcing her. As a friend, stop encouraging him"

"Mom, I'm her brother... that's why I want her to be happy"

"She will not be happy with Anirudh because she is not that old Khushi"

"Will you let her ruin her life?"

"You are doing the same going against her wish... I don't want to do that because she has all the right to decide what she wants"

"What do you mean? Are you talking with your senses? She is talking idiotically and you are supporting her..."

"Why should not I support her? I almost lost her. By God's grace, she is with me now. Don't make her feel like THIS life ALSO is hell,"

"Do you trust what Khushi says?"

"It doesn't matter if I trust her or not... I respect her feelings. I don't want to force her for anything she doesn't like,"

Garima clutched Khushi's hand and took her to her room. Khushi followed her, wondering. She didn't expect Garima would stand for her. That was the greatest support she got for her side. Could not she achieve anything if she had her mother with her? Was not MOTHER a superpower in anyone's life?

Garima left her hand.

"You don't stress yourself, beta... take rest,"

She was about to leave, but Khushi clutched her hand. Garima looked at her.