chapter 303

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

It was a particularly warm June, the light sweet smell of jasmine lingered in the summer air.

It gave him the same feeling he felt years ago. When he saw Elsa Halverson for the first time.

His hand went to the ring on his finger. He had never taken off his wedding ring, not even once. Even in this period of Elsa being dead, he still wore his ring.

Jeremy got up from his chair, his eyes fixed on the woman’s face. She had a headscarf covering her hair, ears, and sides of her face. Her huge sunglasses made it impossible to see her eyes.

Despite that, he could still see her features, and they resembled Elsa.

Could it be her?

No! No! His Elsa died two years ago.

Something he still could not recover from.

When Victoria saw the frozen expression on Jeremy’s face, she turned to look at Elsa. As she looked closely, trying to see behind those glasses, her eyes went wide. Her heart was beating fast as she tried to examine the face behind those big glasses - the way the face looked, its shape, and its features.

“Elsa?... Gwen?...” she whispered. “No! It can't be...”

But that face, though not clear to see, looked very familiar.

She held her breath as she tried to assure herself she was just seeing things.

When Elsa saw the woman in front of her, who appeared to be in shock, she smiled.

Before she could say anything, the woman, dressed like a bodyguard, who had bumped into Elsa, came and stood next to her. “Miss, are you okay? Is this woman harassing you? Trying to be aggressive? I could have her kicked out!”

When Victoria heard that, she snapped out of her shock and turned to the bodyguard with anger. “Kick me out? Do you know who I am?”

She then intentionally raised her voice so she could announce it to everyone, “I am Victoria McConnell, the lion cub of Serpens and the wife of Jeremy Callahan. You can’t kick me out,” she said arrogantly.

The bodyguard didn’t appear impressed by that announcement.

“And I am her security, and this is someone very important you are threatening. If she files a complaint, you will be kicked out immediately,” she pointed at Elsa when she said the word ‘important’.

Jeremy’s heart beat even faster as he looked at the woman in front of him. She looked so elegant and refined, even standing out among the distinguished crowd.

Everyone was talking about her now.

“Who is this woman? I have never seen her before,” someone whispered.