chapter 380

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Victoria was in her hospital room with her only friend, who had a scheming mind just like hers. She comforted Victoria and exchanged ideas on how to keep tricking Jeremy.

Victoria was angry and bitter about Elsa and the ring she had on her finger, which Jeremy had given to her. In her rage, she got on the phone with her biological father to vent her frustrations.

Her father too comforted her for a while, then said, "Vic, you can't admit defeat now. You have to become Mrs. Callahan. Not only is it a symbol of status, but it will also give you limitless wealth."

"I know that, Dad. But that bitch Elsa always finds a way to stand in my way. In my first wedding, she mysteriously showed up and it got postponed. Then the police had to come and say Elsa is about to die in my second wedding, causing Jeremy to run out on me again. And now, Jeremy wants to call off our engagement. I had to use the life debt and fake a suicide so he wouldn't leave me," Victoria said.

"Jeremy won't call off the wedding as long as you keep threatening and manipulating him in the form of love. He always said he had love at first sight for the girl who saved him. He thinks you are that girl, so he must have love for you. Use that too," her father advised.

Victoria remembered Jeremy telling her it was mere fondness when they were children and that he didn't love her at all. But even if it was fondness, it wasn't for her, it was for Elsa.

So, Esther was right. Jeremy just kept falling in love with Elsa over and over again.

And for that reason, she hated Elsa to her very core.

"And what about Elsa? She got a ring from him. Is she not going anywhere?" Victoria asked.

John only had a few months left before he was released from prison, so he couldn't physically help her. But he had a plan.

"Vic, leave it to me. Let your father take care of this little problem," he said with a sly smirk.

Victoria got curious and asked, "How?"

"By killing her once and for all."

When Victoria heard that, she was ecstatic. She listened carefully to her father's plans with a smirk on her face. Elsa was going down once and for all.

***

Elsa was in the living room, checking some things on her phone, when Braden slowly walked over to her.

"Elsa," he called out.

When Elsa raised her head to look at who was calling her name, Braden walked closer to her until he was right in front of her.

Braden was in preschool, where he did art and craft. Recently, they made bracelets with their teacher using beads. Braden asked his teacher if he could not make one for himself, but for his friend.

So, Braden handed Elsa a simple crystal bead bracelet. The bracelet was colorful and bubbly.

"I made this during art class. I hope you can always wear it," Braden said to her.

Elsa looked at Braden's expectant gaze dispiritedly. She felt waves and waves of pain in her heart.

She nodded and put out her hand so Braden could put the bracelet on her.

When Braden saw Elsa accepting his gift, his smile brightened. It felt like sunshine.