chapter 387

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

After leaving the hospital, Jeremy took the initiative to contact Bruno. The two agreed on a place to meet. When he saw Jeremy, Bruno immediately rushed toward him and grabbed him by the collar.

"How can you even call yourself a man, Jeremy Callahan? I understand that you don't like Elsa, but why do you have to hurt and torture her? Why did Elsa have to fall for such a bastard like you?" Bruno exclaimed.

The fact that Elsa had even gone back to Jeremy made Bruno think that Jeremy had brainwashed her.

Jeremy did not fear Bruno and looked him in the eye as he kept questioning him.

He then calmly said, in a low voice, "Let go." His tone was cold, and his icy eyes stared at Bruno's infuriated expression.

"You're not so innocent yourself. Didn't you tie her up in an unfinished building, leaving her vulnerable to attacks? So much so that she came back with blood covering her dress?" Jeremy reminded Bruno of what he had done.

Bruno scoffed humorously and let go of Jeremy's collar. "At least when I realized I was wrong, I didn't go back and hurt her again. You knew that Victoria attacked Elsa that day in your home with the fruit knife. You saw her with your own eyes when she was about to pour hot coffee all over Elsa. Yet you chose to believe your mistress and abandon Elsa, despite her being the victim. You left her in the snow for hours, standing there without a jacket until she almost froze to death. Elsa was so afraid of you finding out she was pregnant back then and begged me not to tell you. Did she think you'd harm the baby? Maybe she did... You call yourself a man, Jeremy? You have the guts to do it yet not the guts to admit it? You say that I hurt Elsa, okay I did. But will you also admit that you are the reason why she nearly died back then?"

Jeremy straightened his shirt lazily until his collar was completely wrinkle-free.

Then, he stared at Bruno and shot him a smile, one that was more sarcastic than the one Bruno gave him.

Bruno was once his closest friend, but that friendship had turned sour the moment Elsa passed away.

"Do you have the guts to do it, but not the guts to admit it, huh?" The corner of his lips slowly tugged into a smirk.

"What about you? Are you going to admit that you are in love with my wife? Are you going to admit that you have developed feelings for her? You liked her so much that you went to visit her in jail and even offered to give her a place to stay after she got released. How kind of you. How kind of you to try to take my wife from our matrimonial home." Jeremy interrogated chillingly, the smile on his face long gone by now and instead replaced with a frosty expression that forced one to divert their gaze.

How Jeremy learned about that, no one knew the answer.

Jeremy then warned, "I'm telling you, Bruno. Elsa will always be my woman. When she is alive, and even in death, she belongs to me! Do you understand? Who do you think you are? You've been nothing more than a delusional homewrecker who tried to steal a woman from her husband."

Bruno stared at Jeremy blankly before chuckling. "A homewrecker? So you do know that word? Perhaps Elsa would not have been framed time and time again by that homewrecker Victoria had you not turned a blind eye every time! You were an accomplice!"

An emotion rippled through Jeremy's calm features. He could not deny that he had indeed played the role of the executioner when it came to the harm Elsa had been put through.

He had been the cause of at least half the wounds she carried and the blood she bled.

Jeremy frowned at those memories. "I didn't come here to talk to you about this, Bruno."

Bruno realized that their conversation had trailed off-topic as well. He suspiciously looked at Jeremy. "Are you really not the one who kidnapped Elsa?"

"Kidnapped Elsa? No. Has Elsa been kidnapped?"