chapter 359

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

It was the evening of the next day. Jeremy drove Elsa to McConnell Manor.

When they arrived, Jeremy turned to Elsa and said, "The McConnell Mausoleum is to the right of the compound after the flower garden. You won't miss it. Go first and check what is in there. Then, come back to the car and wait for me inside so I can drive you home. I won't be long, so you won't have to wait for me too long. And in case you need help, call me. I'll come running."

Jeremy did not have Elsa's number and hoped he could have it now.

But Elsa did not offer it to him at that moment. Elsa just smiled lightly and nodded. She looked around, making sure no one was outside the manor before getting out of Jeremy's car, which was parked in the driveway.

Slowly, she started heading in the right direction as Jeremy kept a lookout, making sure no one would see Elsa.

It was 7 pm in the evening, so the darkness was beneficial for Elsa.

Elsa crept silently into the backyard, her eyes focused on finding a mausoleum building.

When Elsa was no longer in his vision, Jeremy went inside McConnell Manor. His father, mother, and the old Master Callahan were already there.

Victoria was seated on the sofa, chatting happily with Jeremy's mother, while James was speaking with Jeremy's father and grandfather on the other side.

Everyone was there. Perfect. "Mum, I think Jeremy is finally going to tell us the day of our wedding," Victoria said to Lorna happily.

When Jeremy heard that, he lowered his gaze from Victoria and chuckled dryly and sarcastically.

Before Lorna could answer, she saw Jeremy walking into the living room. "Jeremy, there you are," she exclaimed happily.

Upon hearing this, Victoria quickly looked over and saw Jeremy coming. She hurried to his side, smiling at him.

"Jeremy, you're here. Everyone is gathered here, just like you requested. And look, Jeremy, the engagement ring you gave me years ago still looks so good." She showed him the ring on her finger.

She was clearly hinting, 'Jeremy, my parents are here and so is everyone else. Are you about to announce our wedding date?'

But just Jeremy looked at the ring and frowned.

"Jeremy, why did you call us all here?" the Old Master Callahan asked curiously.

"Jeremy said he wants to announce an important matter here!" Victoria offered to explain. She glanced at Jeremy again while smiling shyly.

"Important matter? What is it?" Old Master Callahan looked at Jeremy in confusion.

"Surely, it must be about their marriage! It's been so long. The wedding date should've been set long ago!" Mrs. Callahan cleverly supplied an answer. That was what Victoria guessed, and it made sense. Why else would all of them be here? And at Victoria's home?

When they heard that, Rosanna and James had a mixture of emotions. Now, Jeremy would divorce their potential daughter for their daughter?

How were they supposed to react to this news?

But with Victoria being so happy, they were happy for her. They just hoped that if Elsa was their daughter, this wouldn't cause a bigger rift between the sisters.

"They should've been married long ago. Their son is already grown! Jeremy, we can entrust our dear daughter to you. You must take care of her well. She loves you very much. I hope you can keep her safe."

When Victoria heard Rosanna still siding with her despite suspecting Elsa was her child, she felt pleased.

She then blushed at her words as she leaned close to Jeremy's side lovingly. "Don't worry, Mom and Dad. Jeremy will take good care of me, right, Jeremy?"

She cast her bright and clear gaze at Jeremy, her eyes filled with love and a smile filled with happiness. When she looked up at him, it happened that Jeremy was looking down at her.

But then, his eyes were so cold that Victoria was stunned.

"Je-Jeremy?" Victoria stuttered.

Why was Jeremy looking at her like he wanted to strangle her?

"Jeremy, what's the matter?" she asked in a low voice.

Jeremy looked right into Victoria's eyes as he declared, "What I want to announce is the dissolution of our engagement."

*****