chapter 395

👼 MY ANGEL👼

👼 MY ANGEL👼

What she said made Jeremy lean closer, his confused gaze landing on Elsa.

He wasn't sure if he had heard her correctly, but he definitely heard the words "ship," "save," and "explode."

What was Elsa talking about?

He watched as her pretty brows creased and her cherry blossom lips parted, as if she was sleep talking.

"The ship will explode and he will die..."

Elsa's brows furrowed even deeper at the sudden words she said, which only increased Jeremy's confusion and interest.

'The ship will explode and he will die?'

What ship was she referring to? And who did she mean would die?

Jeremy remembered his experience with almost dying on a ship that was about to explode before.

Staring at the look of distress on Elsa's face, Jeremy leaned over to hear her better. "I have to swim to him and..."

Just as Jeremy was about to lean his face closer to Elsa's ear, the ward door was pushed open, interrupting him right before he could hear Elsa's entire sentence.

His sharp brows scrunched as he lifted his gaze, filled with extreme displeasure.

James and Rosanna were now in the room with him and Elsa.

"Jeremy, how is she?" Rosanna asked nervously, looking at Elsa who was lying in bed.

Jeremy looked at Elsa as he answered Rosanna, "We'll have to wait until she wakes up."

Rosanna nodded, as if telling Jeremy she understood. She then slowly walked over to Elsa, positioning herself on the other side of the bed.

Her shaky hands went to Elsa's face and touched her forehead. It was the first time she had touched her daughter, and Rosanna couldn't help but get emotional.

A tear dropped from her eye and fell onto Elsa's cheek. Rosanna decided to wipe it off with a kiss, leaning in and affectionately kissing Elsa's cheek.

She knew that the only reason she was able to do that and get this close to Elsa was because she was asleep.

"I'm so sorry, my baby girl. I hope you'll forgive me someday," she whispered to Elsa affectionately.

She then turned to Jeremy to ask about her other daughter. "Jeremy, what are we going to do about Victoria? You know, with this..."

"Victoria and I are no longer engaged, so you don't need to consult me about anything regarding her," Jeremy's words were frosty, and distaste became apparent in his peach blossom eyes. "And don't make me repeat myself again. Understood?"

Rosanna looked at Jeremy, confused. She instantly felt bad for Victoria. "Jeremy, don't be so heartless. Vic has been with you for so many years. You're the only one she has ever wanted. I know you told Vic you love Elsa, but–"

"Enough!" Jeremy suddenly yelled, startling Rosanna to a halt.

Jeremy's attractive features were currently graced with a splash of fury, and his eyes were covered with frost.

"It seems like even after finding Elsa, you still choose to favor Victoria over her, right Mrs. McConnell?"

That accusation made Rosanna's heart beat fast. She felt the need to defend herself. "No, Jeremy. I am not trying to pick sides between my daughters. It's just that right now, Victoria is truly suffering and I—"

"You decided that the husband of your daughter should leave her alone in the room when she is still unconscious and go to see your other daughter because, even right now, you like the other one better, you like Victoria better, right?"

Rosanna's breathing grew heavy as she shook her head. If Jeremy saw it like that, Elsa would too. "No, Jeremy... I just... You know what, you're right. That was wrong of me to ask... Please, stay with Elsa and take care of her. She needs you just as much after what she went through."

With that said, Rosanna glanced at Elsa one last time before leaving with James.

What were they going to do? How could they win Elsa's love and forgiveness with Victoria and her animosity? And Jeremy standing between them, being what they both wanted.

Jeremy watched them leave and was glad. He didn't want Elsa waking up, seeing them, and suddenly getting triggered.

He could take care of her just fine. And now, even more attentively. The McConnells may be one of Serpens's four major rich families, but they did not hold a candle to the Callahans.

Jeremy had more resources, money, power, respect... He could keep Elsa safe by himself. Not to mention, since when had anyone managed to go against Jeremy Callahan? Jeremy controlled everything and therefore felt he could keep Elsa safe. What happened that day would never repeat itself.

Jeremy was afraid of no one.

If anything, Jeremy's biggest fear would be the moment he walked into the hospital room and found Elsa lying lifelessly in the bed.

That was the day Jeremy Callahan knew the word fear.

_____

He initially wanted to listen to Elsa's sleep talking, but she seemed to have stopped talking after the McConnells' interruption.

Elsa had stopped the sleep talk so there was nothing he could listen to.

After staring at Elsa's relaxed appearance for a few seconds, Jeremy turned and left as well.

Only after the doors were closed did Elsa dare to blink open her eyes.

When Rosanna and James came in earlier, hearing them talking to Jeremy woke her up.

While pretending to still be asleep, Elsa listened in to every word Rosanna said. She also felt a teardrop and a kiss on her cheek.

Elsa thought of her words and rolled her eyes.

Jeremy was right, despite them finding her, they still seemed to like Victoria despite all she had done.

She will never forgive Rosanna for as long as she lives.