chapter 312

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy read the note again, 'I wish you the best with the one you love.'

"The one I love is you, Elsa. You're the one I love."

The door opened, and Abraham walked in. Jeremy looked up from the note to meet his eyes. When he saw that he was alone, he sighed hopelessly. "You didn't find her again, right?"

Abraham nodded. "I’m sorry, boss. But we looked everywhere. I don't think she is still in this city."

When Jeremy went back to Callahan Manor for dinner, his mind was still on Elsa.

When Lorna saw how her son looked, she almost screamed. "Oh my goodness, Jeremy! You look depressed, you look like a walking dead. What happened?" She ran quickly and examined him.

His beard had grown into stubble, there were bags under his eyes as if he hadn't been sleeping, and dark circles. His expression was that of a tired person. This was exactly how he looked like the day Elsa died. And pretty much everyday after, except slightly better. But that day he looked worse.

"Come, tell your mama what happened." Lorna led her son to sit on the couch and hugged him as if he were a young boy again.

"Is there trouble with Victoria? Is there trouble at the office? Are you sick? Coming down with something?... Tell your mama, she is always here for you."

There are two important events approaching, and Lorna thought Jeremy was overwhelmed planning them.

Jeremy was not the type to share his feelings, especially not with his prying mother.

But at that moment, he just said, "Elsa..."

Lorna heard the pain in his voice. He sounded broken, wounded, scared, tired... Lorna completely disliked Elsa, so the first thing she thought was that Elsa had done something wrong and hurt her son.

"What did that woman do?... Huh! I knew it, we didn't mistake her for Gwen for no reason. She is just like her sister. Tell me what she did, and I will take care of her. I will personally beat her with a frying pan if I have to."

When Jeremy heard that, he lowered his head. Elsa couldn't do any wrong, at least in his eyes. But despite promising himself he would never hurt her again, he still did. And just a day after he found her. He couldn't keep her with him.

"Elsa didn't do anything wrong. She never has,"

Lorna said. She was still unconvinced but asked, "Then what happened?"

Jeremy got out of his mother's hold, sank onto the couch, and stared at the ceiling. "She left me, again." His voice cracked at those words.

****

Elsa stood as everything was being set up. The delivery boy walked over to the door and delivered a gift from Rosanna McConnell.

Rosanna did not send that gift but Esther did not know that. And with her greed, she took it without hesitation.