chapter 332

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa felt like she was in the spotlight at that moment, something she did not like. Everyone was silent, waiting for her to answer Jeremy. Jeremy was looking at her with expectant eyes, as if her answer was very important to him. What was she supposed to say? Should she agree because of her mission?

Elsa had just one question to ask herself: does “sorry” make any difference? Does it ever? It’s just a word. One word against a thousand actions. A sorry standing against thousands of tears and heartbreak.
Thousands of pain and cruelty.

Loving Jeremy caused her so much pain.

She couldn’t agree to forgive him. She couldn’t truly be with him anymore. She hated him so much she couldn’t wait to hurt him back the same way he hurt her.

She even failed to act like she wanted him constantly. There were times she couldn’t fake it and snapped at him, showing her true feelings.

The Elsa that loved him hopelessly, desperately, and truly was long gone.

The Elsa that was standing in front of him was the one that hated him. But she couldn’t say that as an answer to Jeremy.

She couldn’t tell him how meaningless his words were to her at that moment.

Her tension about what to answer only intensified with the knowledge that Lui was somewhere in the room watching her. Despite Lui saying he was okay with Jeremy going back because of Elsa’s revenge plan, she knew being with Jeremy bothered him to some extent.

She had to think of a way out of this quickly.

“Jeremy...” she said softly.

“Yes, Elsa?” Jeremy answered looking at Elsa with eyes filled with love and a little impatience.

Elsa’s voice grew weak and shaky as he said, “I don’t feel so good.”

Jeremy got up on his knee immediately when he heard that and started feeling Elsa's temperature.
“What’s wrong?... What’s wrong, Elsa?” he asked  as he started to panic.

“I feel light-headed, please take me away from here.” Elsa said with a low voice as her eyes filled with tears.

Seeing Elsa like that, Jeremy knew what he had to do. Jeremy picked her up from the ground and carried her in his arms, then started walking away with her.

“I’ve got you, okay?” he assured her.

Elsa nodded and wrapped her arms around Jeremy’s neck before burying her face there. She wanted to leave the hotel banquet immediately.
Jeremy put Elsa in his car before getting in himself. “Do you need me to take you to the hospital?”

He wanted to use this opportunity to have Elsa’s brain tumor analyzed. If Elsa was feeling sick, her getting a check up would be a perfect disguise to get her a full body scan and look at the tumor.

“No, I just want to go home and rest.”

Elsa could not risk going to the hospital with Jeremy again.

“But Elsa, if you’re feeling light-headed, maybe we should take you for a full body check-up before you come down with something.”

“Please, just take me home. I just need to rest. I’ll be okay.”

Jeremy had no choice but to agree to Elsa’s wishes. If he couldn’t use this opportunity to take her to the hospital, then he would have to find another way to get her there.

He drove her home in silence, leading her inside while holding her hand. He took her to the living room and helped her sit on the couch. “Let me at least get you a glass of water, okay?”

Before Elsa could answer, she saw something in the dark corner of the living room - little feet. It looked like the feet of a child.

“Jeremy, is that Braden?” she asked.

Jeremy turned to look at what Elsa was seeing, and indeed, Braden was hiding in a small dark corner of the living room.

He was behind a couch, and only his little legs were visible. Jeremy walked over to him. Braden was wedged between the wall and the couch, with his little body leaning against the wall.

Jeremy was about to call his name when he noticed that the boy’s eyes were closed. Despite sitting on the floor, he appeared to be asleep.

Jeremy and Elsa looked at each other, confused. Why was Braden sleeping on the floor in a dark corner of the living room?

This was the second time Jeremy had found Braden sleeping on the floor, and it was also Elsa’s second time finding Braden in a dark place in the house.

Jeremy picked up the sleeping child from the floor and carried him in his arms. Elsa looked at Braden and felt that something was not right.

“Jeremy, how much attention have you paid to your own son?” she asked.
“Does he have a liking for the dark and being alone? Is that normal for a two-year-old?”

Jeremy had only started paying attention to Braden when Elsa came into the picture and started paying attention to him. So he did not know why his son would be sleeping in a dark corner of the house.

He couldn’t say this to Elsa, so instead he said, “I’ll go put him in his bed so he can sleep comfortably.”

With that, he walked away with the sleeping baby in his arms.