chapter 309

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

“Let me get a doctor to check on your wound, okay?” Jeremy said in a low voice. Victoria smiled and nodded quickly.

Her show had been successful, and Jeremy was scared of losing her again. In this moment of fear, Victoria had planned on cashing in and getting what she wanted.

Jeremy waited until Victoria's wound was cleaned. Esther had left immediately after she called Jeremy, so he had to be the one to drive Victoria home.

In the car, Victoria reached her hand and held Jeremy's thigh as he drove.

The action made Jeremy slightly uncomfortable, but he said nothing.

Victoria used this chance to voice her issue.

“Jeremy, it’s been years since we promised to marry each other. Although I’m actually quite content just being by your side, Braden is growing up. And soon he will start to understand a lot of things. This has me worried that others will call him a bastard, so... let’s get married.”

“Bastard,” Jeremy muttered under his breath as he remembered he had used that name for his first child with Elsa. Gripping the steering wheel tightly, he remained silent, staring at the road ahead, ignoring Victoria's presence beside him.

Victoria, growing increasingly frustrated by Jeremy's lack of response, gritted her teeth in anger. She couldn't understand why Elsa was suddenly back in their lives, ruining her chances of setting a wedding date the previous evening. Determined to get rid of her, Victoria reassured herself that if she had done it once before, she could do it again.

Jeremy dropped Victoria off at McConnell Manor and immediately drove off. He made a stop at the flower shop, purchasing 88 roses. Roses symbolized love, and 88 roses represented remorse. With his mind fixed on giving Elsa the roses, Jeremy drove to his villa.

Upon arriving, Moses, the gatekeeper, handed Jeremy a white envelope. Confused, Jeremy asked, "What is this?"

"It's for you, Master Jeremy. It's from madam," Moses replied.

Jeremy's eyes widened at the mention of Elsa's name. He stepped out of his car and stood next to Moses, taking the envelope from him. Wondering why Elsa would have a letter for him, he felt a sense of nervousness about its contents. His heart raced as he opened the envelope with sweaty hands and began to read the folded note.

Dear Jeremy,

I overheard your call with Esther Rowland while I was asleep and decided to follow you. It's a good thing I did because I saw you with Victoria. You went to the hospital to see her and take care of her, leaving me home alone, just like you used to do before. I can't go through this again for the second time. If you love Victoria that much, then I won't stand in your way. I don't want to experience again what I went through before, loving someone who loves someone else. Therefore, I have decided to leave. I don't want to trap you with me and prevent you from being with the one you truly love. It was clearly a mistake to look for you, and I won't do that ever again. I will find help somewhere else and seek a new home elsewhere. You can consider me dead, which shouldn't be a problem since you previously mentioned that you wouldn't care if I died anyway. I apologize if my return hindered you from marrying the woman you love. However, with me going far away and never returning, that should no longer be an issue. I wish you the best with the one you love.

Your wife,
Elsa

When Jeremy read that, he felt like he was going to go crazy.

He remembered leaving her in the bedroom and rushed there quickly. But there was nobody in his room.

He went back around the house calling for her, but Elsa was nowhere to be found. Jeremy ran back to the gate where Moses was.

"Who gave you this letter?" he asked frantically.

"Madam herself. She followed you after you left. She only came back to give me this letter for you before leaving again."

Jeremy ran his hands through his hair in panic.

"No, no! Elsa, no!"

She had left him again? And because he met with Victoria! She left him! And just a day after he found her!

Where did she go? Where was she now? And what was Jeremy going to do?

He knew the answer to that last question. He had to find her immediately.

He couldn't let her leave him again. He would rather die than allow that to happen.

***

Sleepy as hell, barely saw what I was writing. Might edit it when I wake up

 Might edit it when I wake up