chapter 323

👼 MY ANGEL👼

👼 MY ANGEL👼

Before Jeremy could answer his mother, a loud voice was heard coming from the door.

“Jeremy!”

They all turned to see who it was. It was Victoria, being brought into the house by Rosanna.

Rosanna was holding Victoria’s hand, making sure she didn’t fall. Victoria was walking very slowly, as if she was in pain.

Well, she was, and Elsa knew this. She would have smirked if something else hadn’t caught her attention.

The moment Braden saw Victoria, the tension in his body was so palpable that Elsa could feel it just by holding his hand.

Elsa looked at Braden, trying to see what was going on, but Braden didn’t say anything. His big round eyes were just getting teary.

Elsa didn’t understand. She couldn’t figure out why the baby looked so scared at that moment.

Braden looked at Elsa with longing in his eyes, as if he wanted something but couldn’t say it. Elsa tried to guess what it was because Braden hadn’t spoken a single word since she found him.

Since Braden had stopped walking, Elsa guessed he didn’t want to climb down the stairs anymore. Maybe he was tired and there were too many stairs for him. So Elsa asked with a kind voice, “Do you want me to carry you?”

Braden’s eyes lit up after hearing that. He nodded immediately and lifted his hands to Elsa. It was almost like he had been waiting for that question, considering how excited he became after hearing it.

Elsa smiled and felt happy that the child trusted her so quickly. Looking at Braden, she couldn’t help but wonder what her child would have looked like. Being a girl, would she have looked more like her or like Jeremy?

She had been induced into labor by strangers, which caused her to give birth earlier than her due date by almost two weeks. She had experienced a difficult and painful labor that almost killed her and the baby. Just when she thought the baby had survived, Jeremy killed her.

And so far, he hadn’t even apologized for that. He had only apologized for the baby she miscarried. That pained her, but she said nothing.

Elsa pushed those thoughts away and carried Braden in her arms.

As she did, she felt her eyes welling up with tears. It felt so calming to hold Braden, and the pain in her heart seemed to lessen slightly. For some reason, Braden made her pain fade a little bit.

Braden also relaxed in her arms. The stiffness he had before left him immediately.

As she continued down the stairs with Braden, they heard Victoria talking. Victoria ran to Jeremy, crying helplessly. “Jeremy! I heard you were hurt yesterday. Are you okay?” she asked.

She lightly touched Jeremy’s stomach and felt his bandages. Jeremy flinched away from her touch and took a few steps back. Only for Victoria to follow him and hug him tightly.

“I’m so scared, Jeremy. First, you got stabbed, then someone sent people to beat me up, and now Braden is missing. Is someone targeting our family? Braden is our only child. I am so scared, Jeremy. What if the person who stabbed you and beat me up is the one who has Braden?” She cried on Jeremy’s chest.

“Our baby, Jeremy. I carried him for ten months. I gave birth to him and gave you a son, despite us not being married. But now our only child could be badly hurt, and we don’t know. Oh, Jeremy, our only child. I’m so scared.”

She emphasized the words ‘our only child,’ intentionally and Jeremy noticed this.

Jeremy just stared at Victoria. He didn’t move his hands to comfort her or say anything.

He simply let her continue crying on his chest.

Lorna comforted Victoria, saying, “It’s okay, Vic. Don’t worry. We will find Braden, I know we will. He is okay.” Lorna’s voice was gentle as Victoria cried bitterly, causing her to start hiccuping.

“I hope so, Mum. My poor baby, where could he be? I just—”

Victoria was interrupted by Jeremy, who shouted, “Braden!”

Elsa had just entered the room carrying Braden in her arms, and Jeremy was the first to notice. He immediately pushed Victoria aside and rushed to them.

He looked at Elsa, then at Braden. Braden didn’t look how he expected when they found him. He appeared relaxed and okay. He should have been scared if he was lost and all alone, then found by a stranger he met only once. But he just looked like he was from sleeping, and came downstairs for ice cream.

“Elsa!” Jeremy called out, looking at Braden. “Where did you find Braden?”

Before Elsa could answer, Victoria rushed forward and snatched the baby roughly from Elsa’s arms. She hugged the baby tightly as she continued crying.

“Oh my goodness! Braden, there you are! I was so worried about you! Mummy was so scared you were lost somewhere!”

She kissed the baby’s cheek as she cried. “My poor baby. Mummy was so afraid for you. We searched everywhere. Where did you go? Why couldn’t we find you? You scared Mummy. Never do that again.”

Elsa noticed Braden stiffen the moment Victoria held him, but before she could observe closely, Victoria turned to her.

“We’ve been looking for Braden this entire time, and you come back with him?” she said suspiciously.

“Were you with Braden this whole time? Is that why we couldn’t find him?... Elsa, did you take my son?”

She stressed the words ‘my son’ and made sure Elsa heard her well.

Her questions were said as if to accuse  Elsa of taking Braden instead of being grateful he was found.

*******