chapter 376

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

When Elsa laughed, Rosanna's eyes filled with tears.

But before she could say anything, Elsa turned around and left with Braden in her arms.

Rosanna fell into her husband's arms, crying her heart out. She had no one to blame but herself for her daughter despising her.

Maybe she was nicer to her instead of always attacking her, Elsa would not be so hostile towards her.

____

Elsa hurriedly carried Braden in her arms as she walked away. She wanted to find Jeremy, take Braden home, and then go meet up with her lawyer.

She was in such a rush to get to that wing of the hospital where Jeremy was that she accidentally bumped into a woman when she turned a corner that led to the hospital VIP room section. Coming opposite of where Elsa was going.

Elsa hadn't seen her, so she must be at fault for this one. Quickly, she turned to the woman to apologize while still holding Braden.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there," Elsa said sincerely.

The woman in front of her wore a niqāb that covered her face, only showing her eyes. She was dressed head to toe in Muslim attire, wearing a long black dress that covered up to her feet, and had long sleeves that covered her arms completely.

"No... It's okay. I was the one who bumped into you. I'm so sorry," the woman replied in a friendly voice.

That voice... It sounded familiar. It sounded similar to a voice Elsa had heard before, but not quite the same.

A little different, but similar. Yet different.

Elsa looked closely at the woman, focusing on her eyes since that was the only feature she allowed people to see.

To her great disappointment, she saw that her eyes were chocolate brown in color.

"Miss... Are you okay?" the woman asked when she noticed Elsa staring at her eyes.

Elsa snapped back to reality. She shook her head as if erasing a thought away.

She was just about to answer the woman when Braden said, "Let's go find daddy so we can go home and eat ice cream." He blinked innocently, noticing that Elsa was a little distracted from where they were supposed to go.

This was him reminding her.

Elsa turned to Braden and smiled. "Of course, let's go find your father."

When the woman heard that, she asked curiously, "Is this your son?"

After hearing the doctor calling Braden her son, Elsa just saw this one too as a simple mistake.

So, Elsa turned to the woman and shook her head. "No... He's just my little best friend," Elsa said with a smile.

When the woman heard that, she nodded letting her know she understood. "Wow. You two have a slight resemblance in your faces. One could mistake you for his mother," the woman shrugged.

Elsa's smile slowly faded when she heard that. Was that true? She looked a little like Braden?

When she looked at Braden, all she saw was Jeremy. Everyone saw Jeremy when they looked at Braden. How could she and the child have any resemblance? It didn't make sense.

They weren't related in any way.

But Elsa didn't say anything. Instead, she smiled shyly and said, "Thank you for pointing that out. No one has ever said that before... Please excuse us. Let me take him to his father."

The woman simply smiled and stepped aside, giving Elsa space. "Of course. It was nice meeting you."

"Same," Elsa said with a nod before walking away with Braden in her arms.

The woman didn't immediately leave. She turned around and looked at Elsa's retreating back, smiling beneath her niqāb.

***

You know I like ending the parts of my story dramatically, right?... Well this was a calm before the storm. A big storm is coming, I hope you're ready.

 A big storm is coming, I hope you're ready