chapter 375

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

"Braden!" Elsa called out as she tried to catch him.

Elsa did not understand why the child was running ahead of her or where he was going until she saw Rosanna and James in front of her.

They had seen Braden, and Rosanna had her arms open wide for a hug.

"Granny!" Braden said as he hugged Rosanna.

"There is my handsome little man. How are you?" Rosanna asked as she pulled the child in for a warm hug.

"I'm fine," Braden replied before going quiet.

Rosanna and James had seen Elsa in front of them and felt very nervous at that moment.

After James said hi to Braden, Rosanna held Braden's hand as they all walked to where Elsa was standing.

"Hello, Elsa," Rosanna said nervously.

Elsa would have turned away and left right then, but she had come with Braden and couldn't just leave him.

When Elsa did not answer, James and Rosanna's hearts ached a little.

"Hello Elsa? Did you come to bring Braden to the pediatrician? Or did you come to see your sister?" James asked carefully.

Elsa was confused for a moment and furrowed her brows sharply as she snapped her head quickly to face James.

"What did you say?" her heart started beating rapidly.

James did not notice Elsa's reaction and just explained, "Your sister. She almost died. Did you come to see her?"

One could see that James worried and cared about the sister he was talking about, and he truly hoped that Elsa cared for her as well, despite their disputes.

Elsa was confused for a moment. Her sister was already dead. It was the truth, no matter how much she refused to face it.

But soon enough, she remembered that the McConnells thought Victoria was her sister, not Gwen. So they couldn't be talking about Gwen.

The sister they thought was still alive was Victoria.

Elsa's heart calmed down after that.

Instead of answering James and Rosanna, who were looking at her now with so much love in their eyes, Elsa turned to Braden. She stretched out her hand to the child. "Braden, let's go find your father so we can go home."

The child immediately went to Elsa's side without hesitation.

Elsa had noticed that Rosanna's hand and knee were bandaged, as if she was hurt. But she did not say anything. She did not care. Whatever happened to her, she deserved it.

But when Rosanna saw Elsa staring at her bandaged hand, she said, "Don't worry about it, my child. It's nothing serious. Your mother just had a little accident, but she is okay now."

When Elsa heard those words, she raised her eyes from the bandages and looked at Rosanna.

"Pfft." Elsa burst out laughing. "You think I'm worried about you? Don't you think you're being delusional right now? Or were you trying to make a joke? Well, if that's the case, then you don't have any sense of humor because Mrs. McConnell, this joke isn't funny at all."

Elsa was laughing, but there was a dull ache in her heart. She knew there was a possibility that the woman in front of her could be her mother, and she hated that with all her heart.