chapter 347

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Two conversations were taking place simultaneously, one inside the Villa and one outside the gates.

Inside the Villa, Mr. Jeremy Callahan was bothered by his inability to fully stand up for Elsa against Victoria. He truly wanted to, but he had made a promise to Victoria and felt obligated to protect and take care of her.

As he looked at the two people in front of him, he knew they were being deceived by Victoria. He questioned what he should do - expose Victoria and defend Elsa, or remain silent and allow Victoria to benefit from this lie?

‘Jeremy, who are you loyal to? Elsa or Victoria?’ he asked himself.

Not needing to ponder the question for long, he immediately made a decision in his head about whom to protect in that moment.

“Mr. and Mrs. McConnell, I have video evidence that can prove Elsa is not Gwen!” he declared in his deep voice.

He needed to find a way to free himself from this life debt so he could fully let go of Victoria and give all his love, attention, and protection to Elsa. And do all this without feeling weighed down by his life debt to Victoria.

“The one you used in court? Jeremy, Victoria already told us you faked those videos. We know the kind of connections you have. Even the law bends over backwards for a Callahan. It wouldn’t be hard for you to make Elsa appear innocent,” James responded to Jeremy.

Jeremy was at a loss. He felt like a player bound by the rules of the game. He didn’t want to continue indulging Victoria and her lies, but he had promised to protect her and ensure nothing bad happened to her. This meant that even when she was wrong, Jeremy Callahan had to go against his conscience and protect her. This was his prison after owing Victoria Rowland a life debt.

“I will show you the video, and you can determine if it’s real or fake. Just as you were able to determine that Elsa was innocent and the videos of Victoria placing bracelets on her were not fake!” Jeremy said, trying to ignore the voice in his head telling him to protect Victoria.

“Jeremy, let me show the McConnells the video. Elsa just left, and in her angry state, it might not be the best idea to leave her alone outside in the dark,” Grandpa interjected.

Jeremy had wanted to follow Elsa the moment she left. But also, wanted to clear up her name.

At that moment though, he preferred if the McConnells stayed away from Elsa. Elsa hadn’t acted like that recently, until this night with the McConnells. He remembered when she would get very angry and violent before and would faint afterwards. The McConnells were obviously triggering her and Jeremy did not want that. He did not want anything around Elsa that could make her condition worse.

“You’re right, Grandpa. I should go look for her and make sure she’s okay.” Jeremy nodded at that.

Proving Gwen existed to the brainwashed McConnells was a hustle. Hopefully, The Old Master was prepared for the ride.

“You do that. The videos of Gwen and Elsa are on your computer, right?” The Old Master asked his grandson.

“Yes, Grandpa. You know my password, it hasn’t changed. The videos are in a personal folder. It should pop up on the screen the moment you unlock the computer. I’ll go get Elsa,” Jeremy said before rushing out of the house.

Rosanna watched Jeremy leave and wanted to stop him. Because Rosanna was growing impatient since had not received an answer from Jeremy regarding the hairbrush or toothbrush. Her impatience made her paranoid, fearing that Jeremy would refuse because Elsa had refused to get a DNA test. Last time, he did not agree either. This time might be the same.

She turned to the Old Master and James, saying, “You guys check the video without me. I need to use the bathroom first. I’ll join you after.” She did not wait for their response and hurriedly left the living room.

Instead of heading to the downstairs bathroom, Rosanna made her way up the stairs.

She remembered Victoria complaining to her about how Jeremy had allowed Elsa to have the other master bedroom while she used the guest room. At the time, this had made Rosanna angry with Elsa, but now she felt a sense of happiness.

The master bedrooms were easier to identify, with only two in the Villa - one for Jeremy and one for Elsa. So she could know which room was Elsa’s bedroom very quickly.

Rosanna assumed Jeremy’s room would have a passcode lock and went to the other master bedroom. She slowly opened the door and sneaked inside, looking around. It indeed appeared to be a girl’s bedroom based on the decoration, confirming Rosanna’s suspicions.

All she needed to do was find Elsa’s hairbrush and steal it.

****

I don’t have much time as I used to. So the chapters may be a little shorter right now so that I don’t take an entire week to update.

Also, I have put a new story here called A TOUCH OF SIN... It would mean a lot to me if you went to check it out. This one, it’s a story I’ve been working on even before this book so it’s a book I’m 100% sure of.

XO!