chapter 350

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa looked at Yuliana and was glad she had found her.

She then noticed how Braden looked so intrigued by everything happening in front of him. It seemed very interesting to him. No one could tell though, that his little  heart felt a twinge of jealousy.

His own mother never even smiled at him unless someone else was around. But Yuliana’s mother smiled at her.

“You are such a beautiful little girl, aren’t you? My little treasure.” Elsa always made sure to compliment Yuliana every chance she got. Yuliana blushed immediately in an adorable way. “Thank you, Mommy.” Elsa loved that and kissed her cheek. “Good girl.”

She then helped Yuliana off the couch and said, “Take Braden and go play in your room.”

Yuliana nodded and took Braden's hand. “Come, Braden. Let’s go play. Mommy will call us when it’s time to eat.”

Braden happily went with her, not forgetting to smile at Elsa before leaving.

Elsa watched them walk to Yuliana’s bedroom before she started making her way to Lui’s. Her long wavy hair fluttered as she turned around and headed in that direction.

She was still wearing the gown she had worn at the Callahan co-operation party. In the dress she had designed herself, an elegant and poised aura followed her like a shadow. Even at that moment, she looked just as stunning and was worthy of praise and glances for her beauty and figure.

Before she went to find Lui, Elsa decided to find out something first. She took out her phone and the key, then video called Daisy Mitchell using her phone.

“Hey, little Jenna,” a happy Mitchell answered the call.

When Elsa saw her on her screen, she smiled at Mitchell’s contagious smile. “Hey Daisy, how are you?”

Elsa and Dr. Allan had worked together on the aromatherapy kits for Daisy. In the past two years, Daisy Mitchell’s sessions involved those kits, and they helped her relax. They helped her sleep and calm down. It didn’t take long for her to show improvement.

Now, she had been discharged from the mental hospital. Since she didn't have anywhere to go or any family to turn to, Elsa offered her grandma's house. She had been looking for someone to house-sit for her and take care of the house. Daisy Mitchell became that someone. She had been living there and taking care of the house, and both Elsa and Daisy were happy with this arrangement.

“I’m fine. How are you doing, Elsa?” she asked with a serious tone.

“I’m good. There is just something I need your help with, real quick,” Elsa replied.

“What is it?” She asked Elsa as she took a sip of her coffee and ate some toasted bread.

Elsa lifted up the key to the screen of her phone and showed it to Daisy. “My mom left this key, and I don’t know what it’s supposed to open.”

She circled the key around so that Daisy could get a clear look at it. When she did, Daisy gasped. “Oh my god. I remember that key,” she exclaimed.

Elsa’s heart started beating fast. “You do?” she asked anxiously.

The key was unique. There was little chance Daisy would mistake it for another.

Daisy was also anxious to get her words out and tell Elsa what she had just remembered. “Yes. That was the thing I forgot about. You see, Jenna had drawn that key in her notebook and on the walls of her room before. She drew it so many times, I cannot forget it. She even had it hidden in some purple teletubby doll she had that she said was for you and Gwen since they wouldn’t allow such objects around us at the psychiatrist hospital. She would always draw it and write, ‘somewhere safe, somewhere purple, at the end of the rainbow.’ That key was for that, or from that. I cannot decide which is which.”

Elsa could almost hear angels singing hallelujah after she heard those words.

She felt like Captain Hook after he found his pirate treasure. She felt like she had just won the lottery at that moment.

But before she got too excited, she asked, “Do you remember what this key is for, Daisy?”

Daisy nodded. “It’s the key to a mausoleum crypt.”

Elsa narrowed her eyes in confusion. “Is a mausoleum crypt...?”

“Yes. The mausoleum crypt is the chamber within the mausoleum that holds the burial remains.”

When Elsa heard that, she looked at the key again. The key did look ancient. Mausoleums were a place where the ancestors of a family were buried. So the key looked like it could only open locks designed in the good old days. A mausoleum crypt did make sense.

However, the Halversons did not have a mausoleum. This couldn’t be for theirs.

Elsa was about to ask which mausoleum it was for, but Daisy read her mind and answered the question she hadn’t yet asked. “Your mom told me the key opens the single crypt of the man your mom loved with all her heart.”

When Elsa heard that, she smiled. “Carter McConnell?” she asked, although feeling like she didn’t need to.

“Yes! Yes! That was his name. I remember now. Carter McConnell. That was the man your mother loved despite him being dead for a while.” Daisy looked so happy that she remembered that. She had struggled so much to recall her memories, and now they were flooding in. Not a moment too soon. Just in time.

“So, it’s Carter’s mausoleum crypt that has the answers I’m looking for?”

“Yes, child. Your mom said that that is where it holds the truth about what happened in the past. Why she ran away, and who killed Carter. Everything.”

So Elsa had to go to the McConnell mausoleum and look for Carter’s crypt. There were several McConnell ancestors buried there, so she had to look for the plate label written “Carter McConnell.” But how would she get into the McConnell Mausoleum in the first place? She had to figure out a plan.

***
Don’t be shy. Give Elsa a plan.