chapter 317

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

“I couldn’t find you and one of the maids said they heard you pick up a call from the landline phone before leaving. All the calls are recorded so I just listened to it and found out where you were and came here.” Jeremy explained.

They saw the thugs were still on the floor holding the places Jeremy had hurt them as they groaned in pain. Jeremy took Elsa’s hand and started leading her away, “Let me take you home. You’re not safe here.”

His voice and aura was so protective, it took Elsa by surprise.

That was a man who told her he wouldn’t care if she died, why save her life?

But before they could walk a single step, the thug Jeremy kicked got up from the floor. He went to Jeremy ready to punch him.

But before the fist could meet it’s target, it was held firmly by Jeremy. He then punched him several times in his stomach without holding back. Jeremy’s grip on his fist kept the thug from moving as he punched him so many times, Elsa lost count.

He then kicked him again sending him flying across the room.

Seeing this, the other thug got angry. They couldn’t lose the money they were promised.

The knife his mate had was on the floor, he had dropped it after Jeremy kicked him away earlier.

He rushed to it and picked it.

He then held it firmly as he ran over to Elsa. Even if he got beat up, he had to kill her and get his reward.

And at the same time, the other thug was getting up ready to fight again. With money on the brain, they were ready to take on Jeremy. He was just one man after all, compared to the two of them.

And with a woman to protect, it would make it easier for them.

Jeremy saw both of them coming towards them.

The man was getting too close to Elsa ready to stab her. Without thinking twice, Jeremy pulled Elsa behind him immediately shielding her with his body.

But before he could stop the thug’s knife, he had stabbed Jeremy right in the stomach.

Seeing he had stabbed Jeremy instead of Elsa, he took the knife out of Jeremy quickly and trying to use it on Elsa again.

But Jeremy wasn’t going to allow it.

He punched him across the face for the second time with so much force, a tooth flew from his mouth.

The man was knocked out immediately before he even fell on the floor.

When the other thug saw this, he got scared. It was good money they were offered but it was not worth losing his life. This man was obviously stronger than both of them combined.

He already got the down payment anyway, he wasn’t going home empty handed. That felt enough for him at that moment.

He wanted to run away immediately but he knew leaving his friend behind might not be a good idea. Because if he got sent to jail, he might rat him out making him get arrested too.

“I’m sorry Mr. Please spare my pathetic life. I was just doing what I was paid to do. I have nothing against the girl. Please... I am just a killer for hire.”

When Jeremy heard that, his eyes grew darker and his fists clenched on their own. “Someone paid you to kill my wife?” He roared in anger.

He said my wife with such emotions, Elsa turned to look at him with interest.

“Who was it? Tell me right now?!”

The man cowered in fear. “I don’t know...”

Seeing the look on Jeremy’s face, he quickly added, “I d-don’t know... I really don’t know... .  In this field of work, we never  get the names of the people who pay us. And even if we do, it’s normally fake. They never want this kind of thing to be tracked back to them so they use fake identities. So, sir, I wouldn’t know who sent me. All I know is it was two women. One young, about your wife’s age, and the one was middle aged.”

When Jeremy heard that, the look on his face grew complicated. It was as if he was trying to figure out who they could be.

“Sir, please. Spare me. I am so sorry for targeting your wife. But it was not personal.”

Jeremy’s eyes had turned to scary, the thug shook in fear.

“I’ll find out who sent you to kill my wife very soon.  And for you, if you dare to cause any trouble for my wife  again, I promise you that you will be thrown behind bars... If you make it to the police alive. But as of now, I am giving a chance to leave without being hunted down. If you can run fast enough.”

Elsa didn’t understand why Jeremy was letting the thugs go but his eyes showed he was thinking about something.

“Thank you, sir. Thank you so much.” he bowed in a cowardly way.

The man went to the floor and carrying his fainted friend before quickly escaping with him, without looking back.

Jeremy then turned to Elsa with a small smile on his face.

“I was worried about you, Elsa. I’m glad you’re–”

“Jeremy, you’re bleeding!” Elsa interrupted screaming.

She did not know Jeremy had gotten hurt, she hadn’t seen it before.

But now, his white shirt was drenched in blood.

Jeremy’s eyes lowered and looked at the blood stain, “Heh! Would you look at that...”

Immediately, his mind took him to the day he dragged Elsa from the hospital after her knife wound. He pushed her on the floor and her wound started opening.

Elsa left the Callahan Manor with a bleeding wound and he didn’t do anything to help her. The one who helped her instead, was his brother Lui.

His heart hurt even more as guilt enveloped him tightly.