chapter 374

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

When Jeremy heard that, he felt conflicted. He did not know if he should continue to care if Victoria died or not.

She had pulled this suicide game on him more than once.

"Are you threatening me, Victoria Rowland?" he asked with a low voice that gave away no emotions.

Victoria laughed dryly, then shook her head as she wiped her tears away. "No. I'm just telling you what's going to happen if you leave me. I am going to start planning our wedding day, which will be soon. I will pick the best date and inform you. On that day, if my Jeremy doesn't show up to the wedding and marry me, that wedding will turn into my funeral."

She touched his arm as she added, "Because Jeremy Callahan lied to me that he will marry me. And now he won't fulfill that promise. A promise he made after I risked my life going to save him and stayed loyal by his side, and even gave him an heir."

Jeremy just looked at her and said nothing. He had thought he had finally gotten out of the life debt, but it turns out things were more complicated than that.

"I told you the consequences of your involvement in the kidnapping. Why won't you accept the results of your actions?" Jeremy asked with annoyance.

"Because I can't live without you. Jeremy, I know you love me and you care for me. This is just a bump on the road for us." The desperation in Victoria was evident.

She knew she was being pathetic, but she didn't care. She would do anything to be with this man, including swallowing her pride.

"I no longer feel that way about you, Victoria," Jeremy said indifferently.

Maybe it was because of all the drugs, but Victoria did not take Jeremy's words to heart and throw a fit.

"But Jeremy, my feelings for you have only grown deeper. And I know yours are the same, you're just mad at me right now, that's all," Victoria said, trying to convince him.

She held his arm with both hands now as she said, "I know you, Mr. Jeremy Callahan. You are kind and noble. You would never shame me and our families. You wouldn't leave me as a broken and defamed woman."

Victoria was obviously playing him, trying to make him feel guilty for his decision.

It was taking everything in Jeremy to control his emotions. He just looked at Victoria and said quietly, "Try to be reasonable, Victoria."

Victoria shook her head immediately. "No! It's you who must be reasonable! It's you who must come to your senses!

"I will be preparing for our wedding. I expect you to be ready to marry me then," she said in a bossy way, as if to warn Jeremy that if he didn't do what she wanted, she would kill herself.

She then got up from the bed and went to the bathroom, locking herself in there.

Jeremy was left standing in the middle of the room alone feeling hopeless.

_________

With Braden refusing to talk to the doctor and a new appointment made, Elsa was leaving the doctor's office, holding his hand as he walked beside her.

As they were walking down the hallway, Elsa asked Braden if he wanted some ice cream.

She wasn't looking ahead and was watching the child's reaction. And that was when he suddenly took his hand from Elsa's grip and ran forward.