chapter 369

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa walked upstairs, deep in thought. Why did Jeremy choose her?

And over Victoria, the woman he had loved for years?

She had to quicken the pace of her revenge.

As Jeremy checked on Braden, Elsa went to her room and called Lui.
She had to tell him about the vow renewal ceremony.

Lui remained calm when he heard the news, but there was a weird glint in his black eyes.

He was okay with this, knowing it was a part of Elsa's revenge.

"It seems like he's really starting to like you," he said to Elsa through the phone.

When Elsa heard that, she let out a sarcastic chuckle. "I am still the same girl I was back then, just with a different personality. Why is it that when I loved him so much back then, he completely ignored me, but now..." She chuckled again, unable to describe the mixed feelings in her chest.

However, she was happy with Jeremy's actions towards her. It was making things easier for her.

The air went silent.

After a while, Elsa heard Lui say softly, "I guess this is human nature. The easier you're able to get something, the more ungrateful you'll be."

Perhaps.

An item would look cheap if it was easily attainable.

In addition to that, no one would appreciate cheap things.

And Elsa had given herself so easily to Jeremy. She might have well been cheap in his eyes.

'So, it's because I was so cheap back then that I almost died. That's why you tortured me to death, Jeremy Callahan.'

Elsa vowed to never be that girl ever again.

The conversation with Lui had to end there because Elsa heard Jeremy knocking on her door.

"Come in," Elsa said, putting her phone away.

Jeremy opened the door and came in. As he walked towards Elsa, he said, "I'm sorry about the commotion earlier... with Victoria."

Elsa just shrugged like it was no big deal to her. "It's okay. Thanks for protecting me."

"Something I should have done a long time ago," he said, moving closer to her.

Elsa did not want this to go any further, so she quickly said, "Jeremy, I have to take a shower right now."

She wanted to avoid Jeremy at that moment.

Only for Jeremy to make a joke about joining her so they could shower together.

Elsa's eyes went wide when she heard that.