chapter 358

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy didn't understand why Elsa was asking that, but he answered regardless. "I do. It's in McConnell Manor."

When Elsa heard that, she felt both relief and no relief. She had to get into McConnell Manor to get to the Mausoleum. Why couldn't it be in a church compound or something?

He then explained, "It was the house of the Old Master McConnell that he left for James before moving to a villa in the countryside when he retired. The house has been standing for ages, passed down from one McConnell to the next. So the mausoleum is in the compound."

Elsa looked at him and asked, "I went there one time, why did I not see it?"

"The McConnell compound is huge, and the mausoleum is in the furthest right corner. You have to pass through a garden to get to it. That is why you didn't see it when you were in the house."

After he explained, Jeremy asked Elsa curiously, "Elsa, why are you asking about the McConnell Mausoleum?"

Elsa was already thinking of how to get in there when Jeremy asked her that. She observed Jeremy closely and decided to just tell him. She repeated what she was told by Daisy about the key and it opening Carter McConnell's mausoleum crypt.

Jeremy was surprised when he heard that. "Elsa, I have been investigating what happened to Carter McConnell and why your mom ran away."

"Why?" Elsa asked curiously.

"For you. Hayley told me you were investigating that, and I wanted to give you the information as a gift," he answered her with a shy smile.

'Haley...' Elsa called her best friend's name in her head. She did not know if she should get mad at her for telling Jeremy.

"Why would Hayley tell you that though?" She asked.

Hayley and Jeremy seemed to really be really friends to be sharing secrets. It seems.

Before Jeremy could answer, his phone started ringing in his pocket.

It was his second private investigator.

"Hello?" Jeremy answered while still holding Elsa's hand and looking into her eyes.

The news he got from this investigator made him hold his breath. He had proof that Victoria was in communication with Raffi before Braden was kidnapped. Victoria was involved in the kidnapping.

Jeremy listened to the report as he looked at Elsa. She was right. One investigation was tampered with.

He got two different reports of the same thing. And he knew which one was accurate.

How did Elsa know one would be tampered with? How did she know one had to use two different ways to get the truth?

'Elsa, where were you these past two years?'