chapter 378

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

When coming back from the hospital, they stopped by the ice cream man and got Braden his ice cream before going home.

Jeremy said he had some work to do so after dropping them off, he left for his office.

Well, not really. He left for the police station where Elsa was arrested first for stealing the bracelet.

He bossed everyone around until they went into the records and found out who was in the cell with Elsa the night she was beat up.

For Elsa, she played with Braden for a while until the afternoon when she gave him to his nanny, cleaned up, and changed into official attire, then left to go meet with her lawyer.

Elsa could not watch the tape of Jenna's death again and let her lawyer watch it by himself.

Adding this to the evidence they gathered, Elsa was informed by her attorney that they had a strong case against Esther Rowland.

And with that, they went together to the police station. Elsa was no longer the Elsa she was before. If Jeremy tried to take this case from her, she wasn't going to spare him. Let him dare.

The crime had been reported, Elsa did the investigation for the police in charge of the investigation and came up with strong evidence.

Elsa could easily identify the person she was charging for the crime, even in the dark or with blindfolds on. So, all that was left was a warrant to arrest Esther Rowland.

The policeman handling their case convinced a neutral judge that a crime had been committed and the subject of the warrant was involved.

It only took thirty minutes before the police officer came back. And what he was holding in his hand, "Miss Halverson, we will officially start a manhunt for Esther Rowland. This here is the warrant for her immediate arrest."

A smirk formed on Elsa's lips when she heard that. "It's about damn time."

***

Elsa returned home before Jeremy did.

When she got back, she went into her bedroom to check the bag for what she got from Carter McConnell's crypt. And some of the things she found was some old tapes.

Although Elsa had a VHS player, she couldn't bring herself to watch them at that moment. She was afraid of what she might find.

While she didn't know Carter McConnell personally, she knew that his death had deeply affected her mother's life, which is why she ran away.

This also meant that his death had impacted both Elsa and Gwen's lives.

The situation surrounding his death had caused a lot of trouble, and Elsa wanted to be in the right mindset before delving into it.

Therefore, she decided that after catching Esther and putting her behind bars, she would come back to watch each tape.

In the meantime, she stored them in a safe and hidden place to avoid losing them.

****

On the other hand, Jeremy had managed to get all the women who attacked Elsa into a cell.

His hostility, anger, and threats shook the women to their core.

And with his goons next to him, they knew they were in  trouble.

It didn't take much questioning before they confessed everything.

"Young Master Jeremy Callahan, we were paid by a woman named Victoria Rowland to beat up Elsa Halverson the moment she was brought into our cell," one of them said.

"Yes, Master Jeremy Callahan. She even instructed us to tell Elsa that you were the one who sent us to attack her."

When Jeremy heard this, he became extremely angry. He asked them to repeat exactly what they had said to Elsa.

One of them, with a photographic memory, repeated the words she had used on Elsa.

"You thought you could come between Victoria and Jeremy's relationship and get away with it, didn't you? Well, tonight we're going to teach you a lesson. And let me tell you, Mr. Jeremy Callahan already knows what's about to happen to you. He even paid us extra to torture you further. He doesn't want you in his life anymore. Do you hear me, kitten? You thought sleeping with him a few times would make him want to be with you? Aren't you being a little naive? Let's see if you can use this body to seduce him again after it's covered in wounds."

Jeremy felt like he was going crazy.

He immediately called his father and explained everything that had happened.

"Dad, I don't know how much more of this I can take. I want to kill her!"

He then took a deep breath and said, "I want to kill Victoria."