chapter 344

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

More than 20 years ago...

Jenna Halverson, soon to be Jenna McConnell, Carter McConnell, James McConnell, and Rosanna McConnell were seated in the waiting room.

They were all anxious to know one thing: was Jenna pregnant?

The procedure had already been done, and the doctor had told them to come back three weeks later for him to check if Jenna was pregnant or not.

Rosanna looked at Jenna and felt so lucky. She walked towards her and pulled her in for a warm hug. “Thank you, Jenna, for this. You are a gift sent from above.”

The McConnell family was against Rosanna getting an outside surrogate. They did not want their grandchildren to be birthed by an outsider. They weren’t having a random person be a surrogate mother to the lion cub. So it was either Rosanna risked her life and got pregnant, or she found a family member to give birth to the children for her.

So... With Jenna soon to be married to Carter, Rosanna and James came to her and Carter. Luckily for them, they agreed to carry their child.

“You don’t have to thank me. I just hope the results come out as pregnant,” Jenna said sweetly as they broke the hug.

“I hope so too. And I cannot wait for you two to get married so I can call you my sister already,” Rosanna said shyly.

Carter and Jenna laughed. “You can still call me sister right now,” Jenna said with a wink.

Rosanna giggled. But before she could answer, the door to the hospital room was opened and their doctor walked in.

“If it isn’t my favorite people, the McConnells,” he said as he approached the two couples.

“Hello, doctor,” they all greeted him.

Rosanna was very impatient, so she asked immediately, “Doctor, could you please tell us if we’re pregnant?”

The doctor looked at all four of them and said, “So I guess this is news that affects all four of you. So, if I say it, I say it to all four of you?”

They all chuckled. It did seem to be like that. “That is one way to look at it,” James said before they all laughed again. The energy in that room was very positive at that moment. They just hoped the results were too.

The doctor looked at the clipboard in his hands and said, adjusting his glasses, “Well, congratulations, McConnells. You are pregnant.”

Jenna started squealing happily. Rosanna hugged her again, as tears of joy covered her eyes. “Thank you so much, Jenna. Because of you, I can be a mom,” she said, blinking away her tears.

She then went to hug Carter to thank him too. If he had refused, Jenna wouldn’t have agreed either. His decision to help her and his twin brother have a child even before Jenna gave birth to theirs was something they didn’t take for granted.