chapter 384

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

John already knew what to do when he heard that.

Victoria opened the door slightly. Immediately, she wiped that sinister grin off her face. She lay on the bed as if she had lost all hope in life and started to tear up.

She put the phone on speaker so her father's voice could be heard throughout the room.

"Vic, my little girl, don't be like this. Jeremy won't abandon you no matter what happens. Don't do anything foolish. Jeremy loves you, he's said that ever since you two were children."

Jeremy had reached the door when he heard those words from John. He frowned and pushed the door wider to enter.

Victoria wiped her tears, putting on a pitiful performance.

When she saw Jeremy, she got up from the bed and ran up to him. Her face was filled with pain and despair as she said, "Jeremy, you came to check on me?"

She was still on the phone, so John heard this and said, "Jeremy is there?... See Victoria, I told you, Jeremy would never leave or abandon you. You're just worrying for nothing. Jeremy loves you, you saved him after all, and he fell in love at first sight–"

"Hang up the call." Jeremy interrupted John coldly.

That made John get a little awkward, but he swallowed it.

Victoria was silent for a few seconds before saying to her father, "dad, let me talk to Jeremy, please."

“Very well, Victoria. Jeremy I’ll trust you to take good care of my adoptive daughter. She needs you now, don't abandon her.”

Then, he hung up the call.

After the call was cut, Victoria walked back to her bed and sat there quietly.

Putting on a pitiful act, Victoria shut her eyes and tilted her face to the side,
away from Jeremy. She wanted to give him the mixed signals, of attention and lack of attention, hoping that would work.

But Jeremy just said to her calmly, "I've gotten in touch with a doctor, a specialist. I feel like you need help with your suicidal thoughts."

He knew at that moment that Victoria was putting on an act, but he was glad it was one of her avoiding him. So he didn't call her out, or car. He was tired of her clinging to him so much.

"If you don't want to see me, then I shall take my leave," Jeremy stated firmly.

Hearing his words, Victoria quickly turned her head back around and reached out to grab Jeremy's hand. "Don't go, Jeremy!" she pleaded.

She stared lovingly at him, her eyes welling up with tears. "You must hate me a lot, don't you, Jeremy? You don't even want to see me anymore, right?" Her tone was weak, and her complexion was pale, emphasizing her sickly state.

"I can't live without you, Jeremy. Don't you know? I would give everything, even my life, just to have you. I would rather die than lose you!" Tears began to stream down her face, her expression filled with heartache and desperation.

However, Jeremy's face remained stoic as he turned a blind eye to her act. Seeing this, Victoria decided to escalate her efforts.

She sobbed, tears falling heavily from her eyes. "I know I did something wrong and disappointed you, Jeremy, but we have so much history. Won't you give me another chance?"

"Chance?" Jeremy finally reacted. He chuckled humorlessly, his tone crisp as he spoke. "Did anyone give Elsa a chance?"

And by that, he also meant himself. He had not given Elsa a chance before assuming she was guilty of everything she was accused of.