chapter 367

👼 MY ANGEL👼

👼 MY ANGEL👼

Elsa and Jeremy were standing at the door, about to enter the house. When Victoria reached them, she suddenly fell to her knees, clutching Jeremy's trousers.

"Jeremy! Jeremy, please don't do this. Don't leave me!" she pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

Elsa was surprised seeing Victoria kneeling and had no idea what was going on. She watched as Victoria continued to beg.

"Jeremy, please. Let me make it up to you and Bradie. I could make dinner for both of you tonight and take care of you if you want. Please, Jeremy, give me another chance." Victoria looked at Jeremy with passionate and loving eyes, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

However, Jeremy remained indifferent. "What did I just tell you this evening?" Jeremy asked, causing Victoria's smile to gradually disappear.

"Are you still refusing to forgive me? It's been so long since that incident. I was forced by Elsa. Why do you have to be so heartless over something trivial like this?"

Elsa looked at Victoria, confused. What did she force her to do?

"Something trivial?" Jeremy frowned upon hearing that. "You teaming up with a thug to kidnap and almost kill my son is trivial?"

He chuckled coldly. "I will announce to the public as soon as possible that I have broken off my engagement to you. I am not marrying you after what you did to my son."

Elsa finally realized what was going on. Jeremy had discovered that Victoria was behind Braden's kidnapping, just as Elsa had suspected, and he ended their engagement. That was why he called their families for a gathering - he wanted to make the announcement.

Jeremy then took Elsa's hand. "Come, Elsa. Let me take you inside."

Elsa was still confused about Jeremy's coldness towards Victoria, but she felt so satisfied that she decided to play along. "Okay, Jeremy. Let's go."

When Victoria saw this, without thinking much, she jumped in front of Jeremy before hastily stopping him.

"Jeremy, please. Don't leave me. We have a child together. Think about him, please. He deserves a complete family," she cried out desperately.

Jeremy looked at her with disbelief. "What right do you even have to say that after putting him in danger?"

Seeing that using Braden wasn't working, Victoria decided to play her trump card. "Jeremy, please. Don't you care about me at all? Have you forgotten how I saved your life?" She knew that would work.

And it did when she saw Jeremy's gaze softening. "That is the only reason why you are still standing here right now. I am only tolerating you because of that. If you hadn't saved me when we were children and I owed you, only God knows what I would have done to you by now!"

That was not what Victoria expected to hear, and it made her face fall in disbelief. "Jeremy, you can't mean that. You can't mean that you'll hurt me."

Jeremy looked intimidating as he said, "How much I wish I would. Because you just don't know when to stop."

Jeremy then laughed brokenheartedly, "I liked the girl who saved my life. I immediately wanted to marry her back then. I don't know if I imagined her differently those few minutes of her saving my life compared to you. She looked and sounded so innocent and kind. But it turns out she is nothing like that. Since that angel is not the angel I thought she was, I have to move on. You are no longer the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with. Either you changed, or I imagined you as someone else."

Victoria was at a loss as she looked at Jeremy's face, which was gradually turning colder.

Had she changed?

No, she had never changed.

It was because she was not the angel Jeremy had fallen in love with at first sight. She wasn't the angel who had saved Jeremy's life that day.

But was she going to confess that? No, she wasn't.

"Jeremy, don't do this to me. Please don't. Yes, I've changed. The only change is that I love you even more now. I am still that girl. I am still that angel you loved at first sight. Jeremy, it's still me. I was just afraid of losing you, so that's why I did something so stupid. Please forgive me," she explained frantically.

Jeremy looked at Victoria coldly and said, "No, you're not. I don't even feel like it was you anymore... You made your bed, Victoria. Now you have to lie in it."

Elsa was focused on how Jeremy was calling the girl who saved him an angel.

In that moment, her head hurt a little for a few seconds as a memory came to mind. It was more like one sentence.

"I have to save him, Gwen. If I don't go right now, he'll die."

This made Elsa's eyes shoot open as her grew very confused. It sounded like her talking to her sister. What was that memory?

Before she could think much, Victoria's loud screeching voice snapped her back to the present. "Jeremy, please don't do this. You promised. You promised me back then that you'd take care of me for the rest of my life! You owe me a life debt, Jeremy. You have to repay me through marriage, devotion, and taking care of me."

When Elsa heard her say that, the memory she had just had, or whatever it was, started replaying in her head.

But since she did not know if it was a true memory of her past, she decided to keep enjoying the entertainment in front of her and ignore it.

Recalling the promise from back when Victoria saved his life, Jeremy knitted his eyebrows together. He would only be acting rashly if he did not take into consideration their promise back then.

Jeremy turned to look at Elsa, then turned to Victoria. He then said calmly, "I'll take care of you, but I won't marry you."