chapter 372

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy drove Elsa and Braden to the hospital. Braden was seated on Elsa's lap in the front passenger seat.

He would occasionally point at things they passed on the road. "Elsa, look!" Braden would say, his finger touching the window.

"What is it, Braden?" Elsa would ask.

"It's a bird," Braden happily said. Elsa would look out the window and see a bird flying next to the car.

Braden stared at it with excitement as he asked for the name of the bird.

And his excitement only doubled when he a man walking his dog on the side. He quickly turned to Elsa. "Elsa, I want a puppy."

He himself having big puppy eyes that were enough to melt a frozen heart.

Elsa chuckled and whispered in the child's ear, "Ask your father."

Braden was a little nervous as he turned to Jeremy. "Daddy, can I get a puppy?"

Braden was not the type of child who asked for anything, even when he needed it, so this was a first. He was the type who would suffer in silence and cry by himself rather than tell you he was hurting or needed something.

Jeremy gave Braden a little glance before saying, "Let's first go see the doctor, then we will talk about it. Okay?"

The child obediently nodded and didn't ask anymore. "Okay, daddy."

"Good boy."

Jeremy seemed to be a little more loving towards Braden now. He paid more attention to him than he did before.

________

When they reached the hospital, Jeremy first took Elsa and Braden to the doctor he had booked an appointment with.

It had been two hours since Rosanna called him, and he had taken his sweet time to come. He had received many calls from Rosanna and even James, but he ignored all of them except the last one where he said harshly, "I said I am coming, stop calling me so many times already."

Elsa heard this but she kept quiet.

When Elsa and Braden were settled in the doctor's office, Jeremy excused himself and left.

Elsa knew he was going to check on Victoria. But it was okay, she hoped he remembered the seven gifts she told him he would give him.

One was for sorrow, two for mirth, three for a wedding, and four for a birth. Five for silver, six for gold. Seven for a secret, not to be told.

The wedding one, Jeremy was giving to her himself, and that would be when he would have sealed his fate.

For the torture game, there is a new player in town.

And one cannot catch a shark without charming the water....

Braden had been a little cheerful before coming to the hospital. But the moment the doctor started talking to him and asking him questions, the child refused to talk.

Elsa was holding him in her lap, trying to keep him company just in case he was afraid of a stranger, but he still did not want to answer any questions.

He got so shy, or was it scared, that he grabbed Elsa and hid his face in her jacket.

The doctor knew this might take some time before they got anything out of Braden so she said, "Mrs. Callahan, I will need your son to come in again before I can determine if there is anything wrong with him mentally. As his mother, I can schedule the next appointment with you."